What you need to know to effectively manage claims – new agenda for ABTA’s seminar
An unfortunate reality of travel is that sometimes things go wrong. Slips, trips and falls, sunburn, heatstroke and food poisoning are just some of the most common legal claims your travel company may receive.
ABTA’s Claims Handling in Travel event returns in 2020 with an updated agenda. In partnership with travel law firm Travlaw, this event will walk you through each stage of the claims handling process.
Take part in multiple practical exercises throughout the day that will follow one claim from beginning to end. Deep dive into how to respond to a letter of claim, work in groups to draft your response and learn how to investigate and gather evidence. Discover the best ways to prepare for a claim going to trial and take away useful insights and top tips back to your organisation.
Here are some key takeaways that will be covered in depth at the event.
Receiving a claim
- Know the terms of your contracts
- Identify the issues that can arise from the claims form
- What to do next
- How to prepare your response and draft your defence
Investigating a claim
- Know your responsibility and liability
- Identify and investigate the key issues
- Gather evidence and obtain additional information
Preparing for trial
- Work with your suppliers to strengthen your case
- Build relationships with insurers
- Have a system in place for managing your documents
The seminar will be held on 25 February 2020 at De Vere West One, 9-10 Portland Place near Oxford Circus. You can find out more and register at abta.com/abtaevents.