Welcome to the ABTA Knowledge Zone where you will find all of ABTA’s online training tools.
The ABTA Knowledge Zone complements ABTA’s Conference and Events programme. From practical national conferences to in-depth regional seminars and interactive workshops, ABTA events are designed specifically for the travel industry.
Free training modules for ABTA Members and their staff:
- Our ‘All About ABTA’ online training tool will teach you the basics about ABTA and what ABTA means for both you and your customers. The training has been designed to help you understand how ABTA helps customers to travel with confidence and how we provide support, advice and expertise to our Members. This tool is freely available to everyone.
- ABTA is supporting Members’ staff on how to talk to customers about the availability of Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advice, through new online training. The training has been developed in response to Members’ requests for support and guidance about how and when to raise the matter of FCO travel advice, and how to respond to difficult questions customers sometimes may have about their destination.
- Every child, everywhere is ABTA’s online child safeguarding tool. The training has been designed for the travel industry to help raise awareness of child safeguarding, for both children on holiday and children in the countries we visit. It was created by ABTA in association with ECPAT UK.
- ABTA’s 'Accessible tourism training - understanding customer needs’ is comprised of two courses.
The first course, ‘Demystifying accessibility’, is intended for all travel industry staff and offers an introduction to accessible tourism. It provides a broad overview of what staff need to know about improving service, for example being aware of access requirements and potential issues, and meeting customer needs.
The second, ‘Inclusive travel: making business sense’, aimed at senior staff, helps travel businesses decide what changes to make to become a more suitable proposition for the accessible tourism market.
- The National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NACTSO) continues to work closely with ABTA to share information, training and advice to the travel industry on measures that can be taken to understand and mitigate against terrorist threats both in the UK and overseas. As part of this ongoing work NACTSO has developed an e-learning training tool called ACT (Action Counters Terrorism) which is designed to help people understand what to look out for and how to behave in the unlikely event of a terrorism incident.
- Government advice on the UK Modern Slavery Act recommends training your staff. This training explains what modern slavery is and how staff can recognise and report it.
Access the training through the Knowledge Zone and those successfully completing any of our online training courses will be eligible to download a certificate at the end of the course.
If you're not an ABTA Member, you can find out which modules are available for purchase in the ABTA shop.
ABTA KNOWLEDGE ZONE