Passports and visas

Different countries have their own entry requirements, from how much validity your passport needs to whether or not you need a visa.

If you’re a holidaymaker, it is important that you make sure you are aware of entry requirements for the country you’re visiting, both when you book and before you travel. If booking with an ABTA Member, your travel provider will be able to give general guidance.

If you're a British passport holder, make sure you check the entry requirements for the country you're visiting on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website. If you're not a British passport holder you should check with the embassy of the country you're travelling to. 

Renewing your passport

Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO) has a digital Passport Application Renewal Service. Passport applications could take up to 10 weeks to process when applying from the UK. Don't leave it too late and be prepared by renewing online today