ABTA’s one-day practical seminar will give you the tools to effectively manage any claims you receive.
Whether you receive claims for breach of contract, accident on holiday or illness on holiday it’s important that you understand how to respond to all types of litigation. Listen to expert lawyers Travlaw take you through your legal responsibilities when a customer makes a claim.
Take an in-depth look at how to handle a case by working in groups to decide how to reply to a letter of claim and what steps you should take after replying. Learn how to investigate a claim, draft your own documents and correspondence and leave with practical tips to take back to your organisation.
Listen to industry case studies on how other travel companies manage claims and take the opportunity to put your questions to the experts throughout the day via Q&A sessions. Share best practice ideas with your industry peers during networking breaks.
- Knowing your legal obligations around breach of contract, accident on holiday and holiday illness claims
- The impacts of the 2018 Package Travel Regulations on customers’ rights
- Understand the terms of your contracts so you can effectively respond to breach of contract claims
- Learn how to investigate and respond to gastric illness and accident on holiday claims
- Travel industry case studies – practical tips on dealing with claims
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Krystene Bousfield, Solicitor, Travlaw
Additional speakers will include travel industry organisations who will provide case studies on how they deal with claims.
- Understand your legal responsibilities for breach of contract, accident on holiday and holiday illness claims
- Take part an in-depth practical exercise, spend time drafting correspondence and leave feeling prepared to handle any claims you receive
- Leave with top tips on how to respond to claims effectively, which could cut your litigation costs
- Network with industry colleagues and share experiences with those in a similar role to you
Travel professionals who are involved in the handling of claims. The event would be useful for the following teams:
- Directors and senior managers
- Legal teams
- Customer service teams
- Claims handling teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.