The Travel Law Seminar returns virtually on 19 May for its 23rd year
ABTA’s annual Travel Law Seminar is the industry’s key legal update, offering trusted advice and guidance on the most important topics for travel. Join legal experts, regulators and industry representatives as they come together to explore traveller, contract and wider business risk for travel companies. Attend to learn how to manage these risks as the industry begins to recover.
Expert speakers include ABTA | Competition and Markets Authority | 1 Chancery Lane | 2TG | 3 Hare Court | 12 King’s Bench Walk | Ince | Fox Williams | Horwich Farrelly | Hill Dickinson | Kennedys | Themis Advisory | Travlaw | Deloitte LLP & more
What will be covered?
Listen to keynote conference sessions, plus legal surgeries where you will have the opportunity to put your questions to the speakers live.
- Helping travellers understand and manage their risk
- Obligations under the PTRs; customer information requirements; pre-departure issues; responsibilities in destination; insurance.
- Managing your contract risk
- Contract essentials for trading with the EU; force majeure and frustration; pre-contract processes and contract management.
- Understanding wider business risks
- Data protection; sending staff to work in the EU; employment law during the pandemic.
- Regulatory and case law updates
- Update from the CMA; impact of EU case law on UK business; 2021 case law update.
In addition to the main sessions, there will be four practical workshops. Choose to attend one live on the day, all others will be available to watch on demand. Discuss common challenges with colleagues and get answers to your specific questions from the experts.
- Reducing your travel business model risks – considerations for package organisers, Linked Travel Arrangements, and agents
- Chargebacks and Section 75 claims
- Selling in the EU: financial protection and licensing requirements
- Investigating and defending illness and injury claims
Virtual event format
The event will be delivered via a custom virtual platform, with all content being available on demand for three months. The mainstage conference sessions will be professionally streamed, with all speakers presenting live.
As a delegate you will be able to:
- Network with colleagues and speakers via 1:1 video or text chats
- Submit your questions to be answered live by expert speakers
- Download and view presentation slides
- Visit the exhibition for exclusive content, guidance and resources from our event partners
How to register
To register your place and view the full event agenda please visit abta.com/abtaevents
Make the most of our new business rate that allow you to train your whole team for less. It includes five digital log ins and on demand content can be shared amongst your team. Additional early bird discounts are available until 7 May. All discounts will be applied automatically.