ABTA’s annual Travel Regulations conference returns on 30 November. The event is a chance for the travel industry to take stock after a summer of ongoing difficulties for travel companies following the COVID-19 pandemic and wider global and domestic challenges and to look ahead to changes expected to the major regulations governing the travel industry.
Explore the practical lessons learnt as the world adapts to the realities of living with COVID-19, the UK travel industry and its customers come to grips with the post-EU position, and all businesses face an uncertain economic future.
ABTA’s practical one-day conference will consider the impact that industry regulations have on your business model. Amidst proposals to changes to the ATOL scheme, Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations, and consumer rights this is the chance to question the experts and raise any issues you are facing and to address common challenges relating to the implementation of travel regulation.
Hear from industry experts including speakers from Kuoni, Flight Centre Travel Group, Travelopia and dnata and take part in discussions around the Package Travel Regulations, regulatory uncertainty, supplier and staffing risks, increased liabilities and the future of financial protection.
Get practical advice from travel legal experts on topics including operational risk management, ATOL regulations, travel company liability, consumer rights, hear a recent case law update and what this might all mean for your business in future.
- Update on the ATOL reform and guidance on how to prepare, including financial protection outcomes
- BEIS update on the Package Travel and Linked Travel Regulations
- Consumer rights and recent case law including aviation consumer policy
- Practical advice on key topics including understanding your business risk, supplier risk management and recruitment and retention
- Industry panel sessions: the Package Travel Regulations, risk management and financial protection and ATOL reform
- The future of financial protection
- Gain a crucial update on the Package Travel and ATOL Regulations
- Receive trusted advice and guidance from industry leaders and legal experts
- Take part in interactive panel discussions
- Listen to industry perspectives on the regulation reform proposals and the application of the regulations in common customer and supplier scenarios
- Network with colleagues and learn how your peers are dealing with the current challenges
- Stay up to date and gain insight into future legal and regulatory issues impacting the travel industry
Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Michael Budge, Head of Operations, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Rebecca Mills, Deputy General Counsel, easyJet
- Douglas Ross, Financial Protection Development Manager, ABTA
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Krystene Bousfield, Partner, Travlaw
- Georgina Hunt, Senior Executive, Legal, Kuoni
- Luke Golding, Director, Deloitte Legal
- Farina Azam, Partner, Deloitte Legal
- Paul Milford, Legal Director, Travelopia
- Matthew Vaggers, Senior Legal Advisor, dnata
- Jesse Braid, Regional General Counsel, Flight Centre Travel Group
- Julie Jones, Development Director, T&G
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Will Bicknell, Founder, Felloh
- Sarah Prager, Barrister, Deka Chambers
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Simon Brodie, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Craig Belsham, Assistant Director, Consumer Policy, Partnerships and International Team, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Matt Dass, Associate Director, Tourism Economics
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Sales teams
- Product teams
- Customer relations teams
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Deloitte Legal combines market-leading lawyers, consultants and technology experts to provide clients with new solutions to legal problems. Whether that be legal advice delivered in a more effective way, assistance in harnessing the considerable benefits created by advancements in legal technology, or advice on how to create a best-in-class in-house legal function, we have the breadth and depth of expertise to advise on the challenges that our clients face.
Deka Chambers is recognised as the pre-eminent travel law set, offering some of the leading silks and juniors at the travel law Bar. Known for their expertise, the team specialises in the full range of cross-border disputes: private international law, package travel claims, international carriage conventions and contractual recovery. Members are regularly instructed on both sides of the Court, including instructions from leading tour operators, airlines, cruise operators, trade associations, tourist boards, charities and insurers. They are described by the directories as having “a first class knowledge of travel matters and are very approachable and helpful.”
Felloh - real-time Payment Operations.
Accurately monitor the flow of cash through your travel business. Connect payment and booking data to deliver real-time reconciliation, booking level ledgers, integrated approvals and supplier payments, all compatible with the PTR’s. Talk to us now to find out how we are already saving over 200 travel business time and money, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.felloh.com
Hextalls is a specialist law firm offering a wide-range of advice to the travel industry. It can help with regulatory queries, contract drafting, dispute resolution including defending personal injury and other claims, debt recovery and employment law. It can also advise on health and safety and risk management. Hextalls is recognised as a leader in travel law and for its commercial awareness. Its philosophy is to understand its clients business so that it can offer practical legal advice at the right price. It has a dedicated team of specialists and acts for a number of travel agents, tour operators and other travel related organisations.
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,500 people worldwide across 26 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields. We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd’s Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients. We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it’s what we call Legal advice in black and white.
T&G is a specialist Insurer that has consistently focused on providing Bonds, Guarantees and Financial Failure Insurance to the Travel Industry for the past 40 years. During this time, we have built up strong relationships with Industry bodies including ABTA, ABTOT, ATOL and CAR which has helped our clients navigate through their compliance requirements. We launched Arcus Solutions earlier this year and can now provide bonds and surety products to Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Sweden and The Netherlands. We are also a specialist broker providing access to leading insurers and creating bespoke travel insurance policies.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For over 17 years, we’ve supported travel businesses with pragmatic solutions to complex regulatory, finance and strategic problems. Whether you’re launching a new business or need help with an existing one, our friendly travel experts are here to help. We can arrange licences, manage regulatory and bonding issues with ATOL, ABTA and IATA, organise security, get approval for mergers and acquisitions, develop business plans, find investors and solve a range of problems in your finance department.
If you want to find out more, please email email@example.com, and we'll happily arrange a chat.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.