ABTA’s popular annual Travel Regulations Conference returns on 15 November 2023 and is a chance for ABTA Members and the wider industry to take stock and look ahead to changes expected to the major regulations governing the travel industry.
A consultation on the overhaul of the Package Travel Regulations has just been announced. Meanwhile, the industry awaits clarity on the proposed changes to the ATOL Regulations and is braced for a possible shake-up in the enforcement of wider consumer protection Law. This conference will provide updates and guidance on how to deal with regulatory challenges facing businesses across the industry.
This is a chance to prepare your business for the challenges and opportunities that 2024 will bring, and to question the experts on issues you are facing relating to the implementation of travel regulation.
Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
Simon is a solicitor and ABTA’s Director of Legal Affairs and Company Secretary having joined ABTA as a Legal Adviser in 1996. Simon’s team is responsible for the provision of legal and regulatory guidance to Members; the advice and alternative dispute resolution services to customers of ABTA Members; and for the operation and enforcement of ABTA’s Code of Conduct. Simon chairs the European Travel Agent and Tour Operator Association and is co-author, with Professor David Grant and Stephen Mason, of Holiday Law - The Law Relating to Travel and Tourism 6th Ed.
- Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Craig Belsham, Assistant Director, Partnerships and International Consumer Policy, Consumer Policy, Department for Business and Trade
- Speaker from Tourism Economics
Additional regulatory, legal and industry experts to be announced shortly.
- Hear the latest on the reform of the Package Travel Regulations
- Learn how to avoid accusations of greenwashing in your travel marketing
- Receive trusted advice and guidance from industry leaders and legal experts
- Listen to industry perspectives on the regulation reform proposals and the application of the regulations in common customer and supplier scenarios
- Network with colleagues and learn how your peers are dealing with the current challenges
- Hear case law updates on: Arthern v Ryanair, KT v FTI Touristik and Fawcett v TUI
- Stay up to date and gain insight into future legal and regulatory issues impacting the travel industry.
- The current economic climate and its impact on the travel industry
- Package Travel Regulations reform – the PTR call for evidence
- Department for Business and Trade – Update on Package Travel Reform
- Industry panel: What it all means for travel companies – the impact of PTRs reform
- Consumer Rights
- The future of financial protection
- A brief introduction to ESG reporting in the travel industry
- Regulatory clamp down on greenwashing in travel – an overview
- Industry panel: future-proofing your organisation against risks in building a more sustainable industry
- Recent Case law updates
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Sales teams
- Product teams
- Customer relations teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £289 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £459 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Deka Chambers is recognised as the pre-eminent travel law set, offering some of the leading silks and juniors at the travel law Bar. Known for their expertise, the team specialises in the full range of cross-border disputes: private international law, package travel claims, international carriage conventions and contractual recovery. Members are regularly instructed on both sides of the Court, including instructions from leading tour operators, airlines, cruise operators, trade associations, tourist boards, charities and insurers. They are described by the directories as having “a first class knowledge of travel matters and are very approachable and helpful.”
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.