ABTA's annual Travel Finance Conference returns in February 2022.
Taking place at KPMG’s Canary Wharf office, this major industry event will bring together over 150 travel representatives, financial experts and industry regulators.
Returning to its in-person format over two days, the conference will provide a complete update on all of the finance issues facing the travel industry.
After two years of unprecedented economic disruption, this major event will bring together the travel industry to discuss the latest changes in accounting, tax, financial protection and regulation.
As travel looks to continue its recovery, it will be vital for finance professionals to use all solutions and innovations available to ensure their businesses recover, thrive and remain resilient. Attend this conference to learn how to better manage cash flow and your risk profile, work with lenders and attract investment, and manage inflation to ensure your business is in the best shape to capitalise on the increasing demand for travel.
Hear from ABTA, finance experts, travel industry representatives and regulatory bodies on topics which include: travel VAT and the new TOMS, managing your risk profile, new developments in tax, accounting and reporting, financial protection update, cash flow forecasting and financial planning.
Don’t miss the industry’s biggest finance event tailored specifically for travel companies. Take this opportunity to question the expert speakers on the key issues you are facing.
- An update on the current economic climate
- Financial trends for travel as the industry continues its recovery
- Financial protection in travel
- New developments in accounting and reporting
- Travel VAT and the new TOMS
- Essential regulation for travel finance professionals
- Cash flow forecasting and financial planning
- Managing risk to improve relationships with stakeholders
- Innovations and lessons learnt through the pandemic
- Foreign exchange: market overview and risk management strategies
- Investment in travel and funding your business: M&A, access to finance and private equity backers
- Future of payments in travel
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:30 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
16:30 – Networking drinks
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:30 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
- Moderator: Carolyn Watson, Director of Finance and Operations, ABTA
- Rachel Jordan, Director of Membership and Financial Protection, ABTA
- Adam Murray, UK CFO, Flight Centre
- Emma Pickering, Chief Financial Officer, ITC Travel Group
- Dominic Binefa, Chief Financial Officer, Travelopia
- Mark Essex, Director of Skills, KPMG
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Adam Pennyfather, Head of TTC Finance, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Danny Waine, Head of Membership, ABTA
Additional speakers will be announced shortly, including financial and legal experts, senior industry representatives and regulators.
- Gain in-depth insight on all the key travel finance issues facing companies today, including the latest accounting and tax issues
- Get an update on the current economic climate, including the pace of economic recovery and consumer spending
- Hear first-hand experience from industry leaders and finance directors from large and small businesses
- Get insight on how to effectively recruit and manage finance teams as hybrid working becomes more prevalent
- Understand how you can better manage your foreign exchange risk to protect your bottom line
- Hear an update on the current financial trends and what they mean for your business
- Have the chance to ask ABTA, industry speakers and finance and regulatory experts your burning questions
- Use the two-day event to contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development accreditation
The event is ideal for large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs and directors
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance, audit and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email email@example.com with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 21 offices across the UK with approximately 17,600 partners and staff. KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. It operates in 147 countries and territories and has more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients. The KPMG trademarks are the sole property of KPMG International Limited and its related entities and their use here does not imply auditing by or endorsement of KPMG International Limited, its related entities or any KPMG firms.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and since then, over 1 million customers have trusted OFX with transfers in 50 currencies to 127 countries. They don’t just offer great rates. OFX believe real help from real people counts. That’s why their clients get the best of both worlds – a seamless digital platform, combined with 24/7 phone access to currency experts. When it comes to moving money, peace of mind is important. OFX are monitored by over 50 regulators globally and work within a network of carefully selected banking partners. So, whether you’re sending money to friends and family abroad, or doing business across borders, OFX can get your money where it needs to go. Fast, simple, secure.
At RSM, we have a cross-service team of experts working with travel agents and tour operators across the UK travel and tourism industry. Our services range audit, accounting and tax advice, technology implementation and risk advisory, corporate finance and restructuring and employment services and HR. With a 3,800 strong UK team and access to more than 43,000 people across the RSM global network, you can draw on the knowledge and experience of our sector specialists. Using our insight and experience we can help you navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic and what will be an ever-evolving landscape. No matter where in the world you operate, or plan to in the future, our team, active in over 120 countries, will be ready to share their insights and industry knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
For over 12 years, we’ve been supporting travel businesses with pragmatic solutions to a range of complex regulatory, finance and strategic problems. We help them manage regulatory and bonding issues with ATOL, ABTA and IATA. We also help model and monitor their finances, develop business plans, raise money, and find investors. Throughout the Covid-19 crisis, we've been providing our clients with up-to-the-minute guidance and recommendations for common issues arising around cash flow management and regulatory responsibilities. We have also supported them through several successful CBILS and furlough processes since those schemes were launched and have helped them manage their relationships with regulators, merchant acquirers, insurers and other stakeholders. We are assisting with their future planning by advising on a range of other areas, including insurance, bonding, trust accounts, M&A and complex regulatory and financial issues. If you would like to get in touch, please drop us an email at email@example.com, and we'd be happy to arrange a chat.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.