ABTA’s annual two-day Travel Finance Conference returns in February 2024. The travel industry’s largest event for financial professionals will provide complete guidance on all the finance issues impacting the sector.
This key industry event brings together travel representatives, financial experts, and industry regulators for two days of insightful updates and discussion.
Attend this conference to get an update on the current economic climate and financial trends in the travel industry, along with an essential regulatory update including the Package Travel Regulations review and ATOL reform. Learn how to better manage cash flow, financial risk, and inflation, and stay on top of changes in accounting and tax.
Through a mix of keynote presentations, engaging panel discussions and industry case studies, this conference will provide you with the insights and knowledge necessary to take on the latest challenges in Travel Finance.
More details about the event, speakers and the agenda will be released shortly.
Moderator: Felicity Jefferis-Boyd, Director of Finance, ABTA
Felicity joined ABTA in July 2023 as Director of Finance, looking after all the financial aspects of ABTA and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements. Felicity’s team provide all the in house finance services to the organisation and support other ABTA teams to provide excellent service to all stakeholders.
Felicity is a Chartered Accountant and was previously in finance leadership positions in not-for-profit organisations in the Education and Social Care sectors.
Moderator: Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
Martin is one of TTC’s owners and manages the day-to-day running of the business.
He also helps operators, lenders, and investors in the travel sector to fix a range of financial regulatory and strategic problems, often related to ATOL, ABTA or IATA.
Prior to TTC, Martin qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers and worked in the ATOL department of the Civil Aviation Authority.
He is a prominent travel industry commentator, regularly sharing his opinions in The Telegraph, The Times, Wall Street Journal and on BBC television (though mainly the 5am slots that Simon Calder doesn’t fancy).
Having given up on his dream to play lead guitar for an international rock band, he now moonlights as an under-appreciated taxi driver for his two daughters. Thankfully, his years as a Sunderland supporter have taught him to cope well with disappointment.
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Yael Selfin, Chief Economist, KPMG
- Colman Candy, Director, Commercial Counsel, Royal Caribbean Group
- Vicki Wolf, Head of Education and Career Development, ABTA
- Ken Campling, Group Finance Director, Hays Travel
- Michelle Heywood, Finance Director, easyJet Holidays
- Gain in-depth insight on all the key travel finance issues facing companies today, including the latest accounting and tax issues
- Get an update on the current economic climate, including the pace of economic recovery and consumer spending
- Get an essential regulation update tailored for finance professionals
- Hear first-hand experience from industry leaders and finance directors from large and small businesses
- Gain insights into the future of financial protection
- Hear the latest thinking and best practice in Environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting
- Understand how you can better manage your foreign exchange risk to protect your bottom line
- Hear an update on developments in fintech and payments
- Have the chance to bring your questions to ABTA, industry speakers and finance egulatory experts.
The event is ideal for senior leaders and financial professionals from large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs and directors
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance, audit and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £439 plus VAT
One day rate – £309 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £699 plus VAT
One day rate– £469 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, networking drinks on day one, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email email@example.com with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 21 offices across the UK with approximately 17,600 partners and staff. KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. It operates in 147 countries and territories and has more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients. The KPMG trademarks are the sole property of KPMG International Limited and its related entities and their use here does not imply auditing by or endorsement of KPMG International Limited, its related entities or any KPMG firms.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.