Returning in March 2020 ABTA’s annual Travel Finance Conference provides a complete update on finance issues facing companies in the travel industry.
It’s vital that you keep well informed on the latest accounting, tax and regulatory issues as the implications of getting it wrong can be costly.
The last year has seen a number of high profile failures, with Short Breaks Limited; Superbreak Mini-holidays Limited and the Thomas Cook Group, bringing to the fore issues for consumers, retailers and tour operators alike – as well as many successes with fulfilment, repatriation and refund operations. The conference will look at the key themes and lessons from a difficult year, overshadowed by Brexit and consumer uncertainty.
Hear from ABTA, finance experts, travel industry representatives and regulatory bodies on topics which include: managing foreign exchange risk; the latest accounting and tax issues; travel regulation for finance professionals and the impact of Brexit on TOMS.
Attend to hear first-hand experience from a panel of industry leaders who will look at current trends. Listen to former Dragons' Den investor Rachel Elnaugh on how to manage a business during challenging times.
Understand what the implications of the new PSD2 strong customer authentication legislation might be to your business and hear an update on the future of payments. Listen to in-depth discussion on how to manage risk with trade partners and take away top tips on how to protect your business.
Make sure you don’t miss the industry’s biggest finance event tailored specifically for travel companies. Take this opportunity to question the expert speakers on the key issues you are facing.
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:45 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
16:45 – Networking drinks
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:30 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
- An economic overview and financial trends in the travel industry
- Technology for finance professionals in travel
- 2019 with the benefit of hindsight – lessons on financial protection
- The current mergers and acquisitions (M&A) climate and a look at the M&A growth in Europe
- An update on card payments including PSD2 – Strong Customer Authentication
- The future of payments including key innovations that are impacting trends within payments
- Managing foreign exchange risk – practical tips for FX hedging
- Managing a business in challenging times – first-hand experience
- Travel VAT and TOMS – where are we now?
- Moderator: Carolyn Watson, Director of Finance and Resources, ABTA
- Guest speaker: Rachel Elnaugh, Entrepreneur and former Dragons' Den investor
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Rob Elder, Agent, Greater London, Bank of England
- Peter Hemington, Partner, National Head of M&A, BDO
- Michael Budge, Head of Operations – Aviation & Travel: Finance & Licensing, CAA
- Trevor Price, Managing Director, CBF
- Samuel Parker, CFO, Cosmos
- Matt Quinlisk, Finance Director, DER Touristik
- David Bennett, VAT Consultant, Elman Wall Bennett
- Alison Ralston CTA, R&D Tax Credits Consultant, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Emma Pickering, CFO, ITC Travel Group
- Farina Azam, Partner and Travel Lead, Kemp Little
- Yael Selfin, Chief Economist, KPMG LLP
- Jamie Freed, Director, Indirect Tax, KPMG LLP
- Mike McDonald, Director, Corporate Finance, KPMG LLP
- Hamish Muress, Senior Currency Strategist and Business Development Manager, OFX
- Nick Newbury, Director, Original Travel
- Daniel Stanbridge, Head of EU Risk and Global Credit Risk, Paysafe
- Neil Kester, Accounting and Financial Reporting Director, RSM
- Deborah Potts, Director, Summit Advisory
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Dominic Binefa, CFO, Travelopia
- Rob Coldrake, Finance Director, TUI UK & Ireland
- Leah McGimpsey, Investment Manager, Waterland Private Equity Limited
- Astrid Masle-Boer, Commercial Director, EMEA, WEX
Additional speakers will include CEOs and finance directors from travel organisations, finance specialists and regulatory experts.
- Gain in-depth insight on all the key travel finance issues facing companies today, including the latest accounting and tax issues
- Hear first-hand experience from industry leaders and finance directors from large and small businesses
- Listen to timely updates on Budget 2020 and understand the impact it might have on the travel industry
- Understand how you can better manage your foreign exchange risk and take away practical tips for FX hedging
- Have the chance to ask ABTA, industry speakers and finance and regulatory experts your burning questions
- Hear an update on the current financial trends and listen to discussion on what the future might bring
- Use the two-day event to contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development accreditation
The event is ideal for large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs and directors
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance, audit and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email email@example.com with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke cost.
About KPMG’s leisure sector: we help companies from across the UK leisure industry, including tour operators, pubs, restaurants, hotel groups, gaming providers, sporting facilities, and entertainment venues. We provide market insight and technical expertise, drawing upon our global network of 152 countries, to enable you to: improve the customer experience, strive for growth, make the most out of deals, increase productivity and protect your business.
BDO is the world’s largest accounting and advisory firm that focuses on entrepreneurial businesses. Our global organisation extends across 162 countries and territories, with 80,000 people working out of 1,600 offices – and they’re all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service.Our firms across the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards. That means local resources who understand your business, your local and international markets and the specifics of your industry: all backed by a truly global organisation. The fee income of all BDO firms, including the members of their exclusive alliances, was US$8.99 billion as of 30 September 2018. BDO’s vision is to be the leader for exceptional client service. This is not about reinventing our profession’s approach to service, but about delivering our services exceptionally well – and delivering that high quality consistently in every office, every country and every territory where we have a presence. No matter where you do business, we have people who can help.
Credit & Business Finance is an independent specialist credit insurance broker delivering impartial trade risk consultancy to the travel industry. We offer qualified guidance and support on credit insurance policies. Credit insurance protects against the ever-present risk of becoming victim to bad debt. Our policies are designed to protect operators by insuring their agent bookings and pipeline monies get paid. A credit insurance policy gives you access to underwriter information, not available in the public domain. This provides an early warning system, informing you ahead of a business failure. CBF have access to the entire credit insurance market. Our aim is to understand your business needs and identify the correct tailored policy specifically for you.
Elman Wall is the UK’s leading independent firm of travel accountants with a clear mission to exceed expectations by delivering a truly ‘irresistible’ service to entrepreneurial travel businesses, their owners and shareholders. From niche tour operators to leisure and business travel agents and accommodation only specialists, over 170 travel businesses have selected Elman Wall as their accountancy partner and all benefit from up to date industry expertise, a tailor made approach, proactive advice, ‘open door’ policy and dedication to delivering tangible benefits to our clients. With travel, there is more to know and, crucially, more to get right…or wrong. This is why we have made it our business to understand the travel industry with one thing in mind…so we can add real value to an organisation. Our in-house specialist travel business advisory arm, Summit Advisory, is dedicated to supporting travel business owners grow, sell or acquire other travel businesses. Expertise matters. Numbers count. But our ethos is to go far beyond the numbers.
Elman Wall Bennett is a consultancy focused on travel VAT run by David Bennett. David is a VAT consultant specialising in the travel sector. David advises a broad range of tour operators and travel agents on TOMS and other matters such as the VAT place of supply rules. David has represented ABTA on the Fiscal Committee of ECTAA since 2000. This has involved extensive work on issues such as the Commission’s proposals for reform of TOMS. David has been instrumental in the establishment of TTL Net, a network of VAT advisors specialising in the travel sector. TTL Net now has consultants in 19 member states plus Switzerland and Iceland.
Kemp Little’s specialist travel team has an in-depth understanding of the travel industry and the issues which travel businesses face. As a result, our team can provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice helping you comply with your regulatory obligations, whilst also managing risk and maintaining strong commercial and customer relationships. We have experience in acting for tour operators, online travel agents, hotels, airlines, travel consortia and accredited bodies, travel management companies, flight consolidators, villa and accommodation providers, adventure travel operators and festival organisers. As the UK’s leading specialist technology and digital law firm we are best placed to support travel and tourism businesses as the digital revolution creates further opportunities for their operations as they create the best possible experience for their customers.
OFX is a global money transfer company that helps people and businesses thrive in our evolving and fast-moving world. We are on a mission to lead the age of borderless money by combining a streamlined digital experience, expert personal service and great rates so our customers can transact across borders when, where and how they want. We empower our customers to live and work globally with confidence, 24/7. For more information on how OFX can help businesses like yours, please get in touch. Email us at email@example.com or call (+44) 207 614 4195.
Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over U.S. $85 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. Its roots are firmly embedded in the consumer sector and that’s why your business will always be central to what we do.
With a 3,800 strong UK team and access to more than 43,000 people across the RSM global network, you can draw on the knowledge and experience of our sector specialists. We invest in our people and in their understanding of the travel and tourism sector in the UK so we are in the best position to help you drive and build a successful business. Our dedicated team can support travel businesses in navigating the operational and financial challenges and opportunities as and when they arise. No matter where in the world you operate, or plan to in the future, our team, active in over 120 countries, will be ready to share their insights and industry knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
For more than 14 years, we’ve been helping travel businesses. Helping with ATOL, ABTA and IATA regulatory and bonding issues. Helping with financial, back office and supplier payment services and helping create business plans, raise money, and find investors. At The Travel Trade Consultancy we offer friendly, concise, practical advice to help you manage your business through changes that affect your business. We also offer a compliance management service that means you’ll never have to think about it again.
WEX is a leading provider of B2B payments and has a team of specialists with in-depth knowledge and expertise in payments complexities unique to the business of travel. WEX pioneered virtual payments capabilities and continues to innovate travel payments globally across five continents, operating in more than 20 currencies. Our travel payments experts listen to business challenges and develop solutions to pay suppliers more efficiently and securely. WEX works with the world’s largest travel companies and can adapt best practices to suit any business model. Based on our global reach and understanding of regional payments nuances, WEX will always know where travel payments are headed.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.