ABTA’s second annual solo travel conference will explore a broad range of topics specifically focusing on the solo travel market. You will hear insights from expert speakers and will learn ways of developing your product portfolio to attract new and existing customers.
The trend for solo holidays has been growing in recent years. According to ABTA research*, more than one in six people (15%) chose to go on holiday by themselves in the past 12 months – up from the one in nine (12%) who took a solo holiday in 2017 and almost three times as many as those in 2011 (6%).
Has your holiday company responded to this growing demand? Do your products appeal to solo travellers of all ages? Is your messaging and tone right?
As an industry we have an increasing understanding of the solo travel market. This conference will go one step further to explore new opportunities to engage with this expanding group of travellers. There is huge earning potential, ensure you don’t miss any chances to understand how you can reach this lucrative market.
You will get an understanding on what inspires a solo traveller and gain top tips on how to ensure they make a return trip with you. There will be a focus on which marketing channels solo travellers engage with as well as case studies on the most effective ways to reach them.
*ABTA Holiday Habits report, published October 2018.
- Emerging trends in the solo travel market and what inspires customers to travel alone
- Connecting with your solo customer pre-departure and whilst they are on their trip
- Non-solo adventures – facilitating group solo travel
- Developing your solo product portfolio to appeal to this market
- Helping your customer choose the right destination and type of trip for them
- How to provide unforgettable experiences so customers stay loyal to your organisation
- Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- James Clarke, General Manager, UK, Travelzoo
- Alastair Campbell, Managing Director, Travelsphere and Just You
- Jon Bezalel, Digital Strategist, Accord
- Radha Vyas, Co-Founder, Flash Pack
- Natasha Lawrence, Project Director, Contiki
- Brendan Fox, Director of Sales and Customer Engagement, Sports Tours International
- Will Sarson, Specialist Product, Riviera Travel
- Nick Hillier, Health and Safety Co-ordinator, Riviera Travel
- Josie Tucci, Vice President Sales and Marketing, The Moorings and Sunsail
- Jennie Carr, Creative and Communications Director, Silver Travel Advisor
Liesa Bissett, Product and Operations Director, Just You and Travelsphere
- Emily Jones, Media and PR Manager, ABTA
- Clayton Cosgrove, Account Manager, Pure360
Zoe Miles, Account Executive, Pure360
Laura Tanner, Strategy Marketing Director, JCDecaux UK
Steve Cox, Marketing Director Airport, JCDecaux UK
- Discover why solo travel is a growing trend in 2019 and use this knowledge to adapt your marketing and solo travel products
- Listen to expert speakers discuss a broad range of topics specifically related to the solo traveller
- Hear ways to break the mould of the traditional view of the solo traveller and appeal to a wider audience
- Understand the opportunities, challenges and future trends in solo travel
- Discuss this market with your industry colleagues and find out how they work with the solo traveller
This conference is perfect for tour operators, travel agents and wider travel industry including those who offer solo holidays and those considering diversifying into solo travel, including:
- Managing directors and senior managers
- Marketing and sales teams
- Product managers
- Team leaders and business development teams
- Operations teams, customer service and customer experience teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £249 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £369 plus VAT
A limited number of complimentary places are available for travel agents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
JCDecaux out-of-home media is located at the heart of the UK’s most important air and rail travel hubs, city centres, major routes and retail locations, reaching 90% of the UK population every two weeks. Proven effective at influencing consumer behaviour and decision-making, it provides fame, trust and familiarity for travel brands. www.jcdecaux.co.uk
Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide, we have our finger on the pulse of outstanding travel, entertainment and lifestyle experiences. For over 15 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships give Travelzoo members access to the very best deals.
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up, achieving real results by using the right channels, targeting the right audiences and developing the right strategy.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.
The relaunched ABTA Magazine is a bi-monthly publication with a new size, format and design, distributed to 20,000 ABTA Members and UK travel industry contacts.
With an unrivalled distribution and a renewed focus on industry news, the magazine represents the interests of the entire travel sector. It is the vital publication for those working in the travel industry.
Forming part of a wider portfolio, which includes ABTA Golf, ABTA Guides and the ABTA Handbooks, the magazine provides contains in-depth destination features, analysis, comment, big-name interviews, competitions, games and much more.