ABTA's practical introductory one-day seminar has been designed specifically for tour operators and travel agents. The event will deliver comprehensive guidance on the opportunities and challenges of social media for travel. Get practical advice on advertising, selling, creating content and measuring the ROI on a variety of channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smart travel businesses are increasingly turning to social media advertising to help them build credibility and generate enquiries. Understand how to harness the power of social advertising to help you sell more and benefit from updated guidance, practical activities and industry case studies.
Hear expert speakers discuss topics such as how to track social media metrics to improve performance, building brand loyalty and the art of selling on social. There will be a focus on future digital marketing trends and the impact these could have on travel.
- How social media is changing the travel industry, top trends and platforms
- How to track social media metrics to improve performance
- Content best practice – how to create posts, where to find content and ways to influence your customers
- Social media advertising including targeting
- The art of selling on social and replying to posts
- Building brand loyalty – customer service via social media and managing feedback, including complaints
- Future trends – digital marketing trends and impact on travel
Trainer: Bruce Martin, Managing Director, Social Media Consultant and Travel Specialist, Ginger Juice
Bruce Martin is the Managing Director of Ginger Juice, an award-winning social media agency specialising in travel, tourism and hospitality. Ginger Juice delivers social media strategies, community management and smart social advertising services for a wide range of businesses including tourist boards, tour operators, hotels and attractions. Bruce Martin has over 20 years’ travel industry experience; previously working within travel agent eLearning, recruitment and tour operations. Bruce provides down-to-earth social media training workshops for travel businesses and is a regular speaker at events around the world. Bruce is also the co-founder of ‘Travel Gossip’, the UK’s largest and most active online community for the travel industry.
- Seb Thompson, Press Office Manager, Manchester Airport
- Stuart Aiken, Head of Digital, Marketing Manchester
- Abby Holland, Head of First Impressions, What Marketing Company
- Small groups designed to encourage audience participation
- Benefit from practical activities, group work and industry case studies
- Check you are up to date with the latest trends, techniques and platforms
- Gain top tips to build your brand
- Take away best practice on advertising, selling and content creation
- Learn how others are making the most of engagement opportunities and interactions
This seminar is for those working in leisure travel, primarily tour operators and travel agents including:
- Marketing and product teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Directors and senior managers from small businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.