Attend ABTA’s Mergers and Acquisitions in the Travel Industry to gain valuable insight into the current M&A landscape. Designed specifically for the travel industry, get tips from the experts on company valuation, different types of deals, regulatory and tax issues and post-deal considerations.
The post-pandemic recovery for the travel industry has seen an increase in mergers and acquisitions, which is anticipated to continue. ABTA’s Mergers and Acquisitions in the Travel Industry event will provide an update on the current deal environment and what we can expect to see over the coming year.
Hear in-depth expertise from finance and legal experts as well as travel industry representatives on valuing your business, the process of acquiring a business and ways of raising finance. Attend to gain vital information to help make an informed decision on how to sell your business.
If you are looking to acquire a business, considering consolidation or thinking about selling, hear tips on how and where to start the process. Understand the options for investment including trade sales, partial sale to private equity, acquisitions or management buy-out. Leave with the skills needed to ensure the success of future deals.
- Update on M&A trends and activity in the travel industry
- Pre-sale consideration and understanding the process
- Different sales models and which is right for your business: trade sale, private equity or management buy- out?
- Valuing your business
- Assessing value and risk during a climate of economic certainty
- Legal due diligence and pre-contractual issues
- Bonding and regulatory implications
- Tax considerations
- Generating finance, securing debt and the cost of debt
- Considerations for post- merger integration.
Moderator: Nicola Sartori, Partner, Corporate Finance, Grant Thornton
Nicola is a partner in Grant Thornton’s mergers and acquisitions team, based out of the firm’s London office. She has transacted deals across the consumer sector for over 20 years, working across all subsectors nationally and internationally, supporting owner-managed businesses, investor-backed companies and private equity houses sell, buy and raise finance. Nicola has also spent time in industry, where she was Group Finance Director of a multi branded international consumer business – this experience allows her to add real-life operational insight to her clients along with a true understanding of the day-to-day challenges of running a business
Nicola leads the firm’s national M&A travel and retail sectors. She is a fellow of the ICAEW.
- Richard Aston, Associate Partner, Deal Advisory, KPMG
- Hamah Shah, Partner, Transaction Advisory Services, Grant Thornton
- Charlotte Senior, Director, Transaction Tax, Grant Thornton
- Farina Azam, Partner, Fox Williams
- Andrew Woolf, Partner, Fox Williams
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Christopher McLean, Partner, Debt Advisory, Grant Thornton
- Douglass Ross, Financial Protection Development Manager, ABTA
- Hear insights into M&A trends, how they have changed and what’s expected to drive M&A activity this year
- Understand the value of your business and what makes it attractive
- Further your knowledge on the key due diligence activities in a merger and acquisition transaction
- Gain an understanding of tax implications and discover how to keep tax to a minimum
- Learn why some mergers and acquisitions fail and how to avoid the pitfalls
- Hear perspectives from the experts on how to ensure your staff stay motivated throughout the process and during the post-merger integration.
The event is ideal for large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs, managing directors and owners
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £289 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £459 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Fox Williams LLP is a City law firm with a leading reputation in specific industry sectors and practice areas, known for its ability to deliver effective solutions. Clients of the Fox Williams travel team include household names as well as with those that are developing their business.
“We understand the importance of providing commercial and practical advice and advise our travel clients on compliance with travel law and regulation, both in the UK and overseas. Our clients are also concerned about other areas of regulation, including laws relating to data protection, advertising and marketing and financial services. We guide our clients through the regulations in a way which is sensible, user-friendly and pragmatic. We also advise on wider commercial issues, including technology and fintech matters, employment issues, dispute resolution, business immigration, intellectual property, real estate and tax.
Grant Thornton's dedicated Travel, Tourism and Leisure (TTL) team have a strong track record of working with successful and dynamic organisations throughout the sector both in the UK and internationally, delivering commercial and pragmatic solutions from a multi-disciplinary, international team, to ensure that all angles are covered. Our global footprint, industry specialists, track record, range of services and network of industry associates and experts places us in a unique position of being able to deliver a fully integrated service offering and allows clients the comfort that they will receive a dedicated and bespoke service from a single source provider.
For over 17 years, we’ve supported travel businesses with pragmatic solutions to complex regulatory, finance and strategic problems. Whether you’re launching a new business or need help with an existing one, our friendly travel experts are here to help. We can arrange licences, manage regulatory and bonding issues with ATOL, ABTA and IATA, organise security, get approval for mergers and acquisitions, develop business plans, find investors and solve a range of problems in your finance department.
If you want to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll happily arrange a chat.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.