Are you a company shareholder, owner or director who wants a better understanding of your financial responsibilities?
ABTA’s updated seminar will explore the fundamental finance principles that business leaders from travel companies should understand. This event will deliver information about key financial issues including the latest regulations for travel.
New for this year, learn how research and development (R&D) tax relief can benefit your business. Understand the importance of the right in-house financial support and hear from The Advantage Travel Partnership’s CEO, Julia Lo Bue-Said on the qualities she looks for in a financial director.
Do you know what your accounts are going to show at the end of the year? You will be given practical advice on the responsibilities of directors and how you should interpret your financial accounts. Hear invaluable guidance on what TOMS is and why it’s an important scheme to understand.
As an owner or director, it is vital you understand the importance of stakeholders such as banks, merchant acquirers, financial failure and credit insurers and how to work with them. Listen to expert speakers give you top tips on effectively working with internal and external stakeholders.
There will be an emphasis on what the CAA, ABTA and IATA require of you and your business. You will have opportunities throughout the day to put your questions to the travel finance experts.
- The responsibilities of company directors
- The differences between management and financial accounts
- The importance of stakeholders and how to work with them
- Getting the right in-house financial support for companies of all sizes
- Maximising your rewards, minimising risk: the latest tax issues to be aware of
- Why it’s important you understand TOMS VAT
- What are R&D tax credits and are you eligible for them?
- ABTA, IATA and CAA criteria and requirements
- How much is your business worth – understanding the importance of the story, and the numbers, when selling a business
- Moderator: Carolyn Watson, Director of Finance and Resources, ABTA
- Jonathan Wall, Managing Director, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Deborah Potts, Director, Summit Advisory
- Julia Lo Bue-Said, CEO, The Advantage Travel Partnership
- Elena Ciuperceanu, Manager Industry Relationships UK & Ireland, IATA
- Ian Palmer, Director – Head of Audit, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Yasin Khandwalla, Audit Director, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Alison Ralston CTA, Development Advisor, Yes Tax and R&D Tax Credits Consultant, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Laura Chipp, Director, VATNAV and Consultant, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
Additional speakers will include travel and regulatory representatives.
- Understand the language used by finance professionals and basic accounting concepts
- Learn financial strategies to help grow your business
- Ensure that you avoid any surprises when it comes to your financial accounts
- Take away top tips for recruiting the right in-house financial support
- Gain practical advice on the basics of travel finance so you can better understand your company processes
- Understand the principles of IATA from its industry relationships manager for UK & Ireland
This event is aimed at tour operators and travel agents from the ABTA Membership and the wider travel industry including:
- Managing directors and company directors.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Elman Wall is the UK’s leading independent firm of travel accountants with a clear mission to exceed expectations by delivering a truly ‘irresistible’ service to entrepreneurial travel businesses, their owners and shareholders. From niche tour operators to leisure and business travel agents and accommodation only specialists, over 170 travel businesses have selected Elman Wall as their accountancy partner and all benefit from up to date industry expertise, a tailor made approach, proactive advice, ‘open door’ policy and dedication to delivering tangible benefits to our clients. With travel, there is more to know and, crucially, more to get right…or wrong. This is why we have made it our business to understand the travel industry with one thing in mind…so we can add real value to an organisation. Our in-house specialist Travel Business Advisory arm, Summit Advisory, is dedicated to supporting travel business owners grow, sell or acquire other travel businesses. Expertise matters. Numbers count. But our ethos is to go far beyond the numbers.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.