This event is now sold out. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
ABTA’s in-depth crisis management training will explore emerging issues in crisis management. Learn about the latest threats and potential risks, as well how to review crisis management plans and simulations to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Speakers from ABTA, the travel industry and crisis experts will guide you through everything you need to know about crisis preparation, responding to a crisis and recovery following a crisis.
A crisis can take many forms, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, supplier failures, cyber breaches or flight bans. How you handle a crisis can minimise the impact on customers, staff, destinations and brand reputation. All businesses should regularly review their crisis management and business continuity plans.
Attend this training day to understand lessons of recent years on the dissemination of rapidly changing global travel advice and how it can be applied to crisis management plans moving forward.
Get an update on your legal obligations and gain a sound understanding of your duty of care in a crisis as well as your responsibilities under the Package Travel Regulations.
You will also learn about the psychological impact a crisis can have on your staff as well as customers and what you can do to look after staff wellbeing post-crisis.
- Emerging threats and priorities for crisis management including natural disasters, security risks and health outbreaks
- An update on your legal obligations and responsibilities under the Package Travel Regulations
- Developing your crisis management plans
- Practicalities of implementing your plan, reviewing and testing your plan
- Communicating effectively with customers and stakeholders during a crisis
- Working with the media during and after a crisis
- Looking after the health and wellbeing of your team
- The impact of recent high-profile legal cases
- Recovery after a crisis.
Moderator: Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
Angela is the Head of Destinations at ABTA, with responsibility for destination operations, health and safety, crisis management and incident management. She is one of ABTA’s key points of contact for government representatives (UK, EU and destinations) on destination-related issues and projects. Angela is a regular speaker on behalf of the tourism industry at UK and international conferences, delivering health and safety, crisis and operational training to suppliers and Governments in destinations. In addition, Angela is a key industry stakeholder representative for EU and international committees for destination and safety related matters.
Angela has over 25 years travel industry experience having joined the industry in 1988, working in various management roles both overseas and in the UK, for a major UK tour operator. In September 1998 she was appointed as the Head of Health and Safety and Operational Support for the Federation of Tour Operators (FTO) and International Federation of Tour Operators (IFTO). Since July 2008 when FTO merged with ABTA - The Travel Association, Angela has been responsible for destination operations, health and safety, crisis management and incident management within the Destinations & Sustainability department.
- Will Staples, Head of Crisis Planning & Incident Management, TUI
- Rebecca Bowers, Head of JOPP (Joint Overseas Protect & Prepare) and Protective Security, Vulnerable Communities, Home Office
- Halima Holland, Deputy Head of Crisis Management Department, FCDO
- Jennifer Anderson, Director of Consular Services, FCDO
- Joanne Muccio, Trauma Care Consultant, The Centre for Crisis Psychology
- Eleni Skarveli, Director, Greek National Tourism Organisation UK & Ireland Office
- Jon Goodwill, Principle Consultant, GroundTruth
- James Lawrence, Director, Peregrine Risk Management
- Dr Philip Veal, Consultant Epidemiologist, Travel Health & IHR Team, UK Health Security Agency
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Donna Mehmet, Senior Destinations Executive, ABTA
- Joanna Reeve, Head of Business Development and Partnerships, Intrepid
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
Speakers will include ABTA representatives, crisis management and travel industry experts.
- Get an update on your legal responsibilities when a crisis hits
- Learn about key risks such as climate impacts, terrorism, natural disasters, cyber breaches and health outbreaks
- Hear industry case studies demonstrating best practice response
- Find out what practical steps you can take to maintain the health and wellbeing of your team during a crisis
- Network with industry colleagues and explore how to work in partnership with key stakeholders in the travel industry.
- Crisis management and operational teams
- CEOs and directors
- Communications and PR teams
- Health & safety teams
- Customer service and care teams
- Marketing and product teams
- Legal teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Peregrine Risk Management are leaders and innovators in the world of Security Risk Management. The company has innovated and developed market leading, award-winning, risk management solutions. Peregrine has a long-standing list of domestic and international clients. Additionally, Peregrine's security and risk specialisation, is best in class and uniquely suited to the varied demands of the leisure and tourism sector.
Our Approach: A creative friendly, and industry relevant multi-skilled approach, that considers security as an integral part of both your safety and consumer success. Our aim is to exceed your expectations by implementing meticulous and inclusive security risk management strategies from the outset. Our expertise is taking care of your people so you can focus on ‘Creating The Moments That Make Life Richer’.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.