Are you new to the travel industry and need to understand the Package Travel and ATOL Regulations?
Do you have a good understanding of the Regulations but want an update on some of the more difficult issues companies are facing?
With presentations from ABTA, travel, legal and regulatory experts, this practical one-day event will provide all the information you need to ensure you are compliant with the Package Travel and ATOL Regulations.
Get an update on and discuss the outstanding issues including transfers, other tourist services and Package Plus. Learn how to get your contracts and paperwork right and report accurately to the CAA and ABTA.
Receive trusted guidance on your liability for the performance of, and changes to, services. Ensure you understand your responsibilities for notifying customers of changes pre-departure and in destination.
Listen to a panel discussion on what do when things go wrong. Gain insights into the likely impact of Brexit on the travel industry and the guidance available from ABTA.
- Where are we now – what has the industry learnt since the implementation of the regulations?
- Giving the correct information to customers – online, phone, in-store, PRMs
- Financial protection – options and structures for ABTA Members
- Getting financial protection right – filling in ABTA/ATOL returns correctly
- Selling business travel under the Package Travel Regulations
- Handling changes and complaints – what are unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances?
- Travel industry case studies
- Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Rhys Griffiths, Partner, Head of Travel, Fox Williams
- Javed Ali, Legal Consultant, Hill Dickinson
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Luke Golding, Partner, Travlaw
- Hilary Kett, Senior Legal Counsel, TUI UK & Ireland and TUI Aviation
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Gain clarity on the 2018 Package Travel and ATOL Regulations, understand the scope and exemptions
- Hear practical guidance from ABTA, regulatory bodies, legal partners and other travel companies
- Understand your responsibilities as a package organiser or agent for airline and supplier failure
- Bring your questions to be answered by our experts
- Hear from industry colleagues on how they are managing compliance and the impact the Regulations have had on their business
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large and small firms, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Finance and commercial teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Operations, customer relations teams
- Legal and compliance teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Hill Dickinson is one of the UK's premier law firms known for its legal advice to the travel industry. It advises tour operators, cruise operators, travel agents and airlines across the industry on various aspects as diverse as the Package Travel Regulations themselves, right through to the smallest detail in drafting operators booking terms and conditions. Recognised as leaders in their field, ranked at number 1 in the Legal 500 they have particular expertise in defence of personal injury claims, commercial matters and regulatory issues. The firm acts as a trusted adviser to businesses, organisations and individuals.
Fox Williams LLP is a City law firm with a leading reputation in specific industry sectors and practice areas, known for its good sense and ability to deliver effective solutions. Fox Williams undertakes complex legal and regulatory work.
Fox Williams advises in a number of sectors including travel. We advise our travel clients on compliance with travel law and regulation – both in the UK and overseas. We also advise on financial services, corporate, employment, mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, corporate crime and business investigations, business immigration, intellectual property, international trade, partnership, real estate and tax.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.