This seminar is aimed at travel industry professionals who require a basic understanding of travel law. Attend for a comprehensive, yet introductory-level overview of the key legal issues for travel.
The effective contracting, marketing and selling of holidays and travel services requires a good understanding of the law. You can put your business at risk if you get it wrong.
- Are you aware of your liabilities under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018?
- Are you up to date on the recent ATOL changes, consumer law and GDPR?
- Are you confident that your contracts and paperwork are fit for purpose?
- Have you taken steps to protect your business from claims and costly fines?
Attend this seminar for the latest advice from ABTA and legal experts, Travlaw. Learn how the legislation applies to travel businesses. Protect your business by staying on top of regulatory changes. Hear a guest speaker from the travel industry and benchmark your compliance.
- The legal landscape for UK travel – new Package Travel Regulations, consumer law and GDPR
- Changes to ATOL and ATOL standard terms
- Contracting basics
- Changes, cancellation and delay – your obligations to your customers
- Common claims affecting the travel industry, including personal injury, gastric illness
- Employment law
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Darren Hutton, Head of International Guest Claims, RCL Cruises Ltd
- Luke Golding, Partner, Travlaw
- Ami Naru, Senior Associate, Head of Employment, Travlaw
- Get a recap on all regulations that were introduced in 2018 and ensure your business is legally compliant
- Ensure you are providing the correct information to customers
- Gain insight into legal matters and what to do when they arise
- Hear real-life case studies and network with peers
- Put your questions to the experts during a legal surgery session
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large, medium and small firms, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Finance and commercial teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Operations, customer relations teams
- Legal and compliance teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
You can make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.