ABTA’s introductory-level training has been designed specifically for the travel industry. The live training course, held online and led by social media expert Bruce Martin, will deliver practical guidance on how to make the most of social media during the travel restart.
Benefit from the latest insights, practical tools and industry case studies and take part in interactive sessions to put your learnings into practice.
45% of travellers are researching trips right now and 37% of are planning to spend more on travel than they were in 2020*. Are you ready to take advantage of this pent-up demand once travel restarts?
Now is the time to put a strategy in place to transition from ‘inspirational dreaming’ to content that generates leads and converts bookings. Attend this updated training day to ensure you are equipped with the skills you need to create effective content and stand out against your competitors.
Get practical advice on advertising, selling, content creation and measuring the ROI on a variety of channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Gain a deeper understanding of these platforms and how best to use them to achieve your goals. Find out how to provide great customer service via social media and how to effectively deal with complaints and feedback.
Get inspiration from travel businesses and understand how they use social media, what has worked for them over the past year and what their future plans are.
Led by Ginger Juice’s Bruce Martin, all sessions will be streamed live, and speakers will be available for questions throughout the day. Delegates will be encouraged to participate throughout the day via polls and interactive workshops.
*GWI, Feb 2021
- Social media today and the rise in the use of social media due to COVID-19
- Social media’s role in the restart of travel and understanding the sales journey of the travel customer
- Creating perfect posts and promoting consumer confidence – optimising content for different platforms
- Content best practice – how to create posts, where to find content, ways to influence your customers, transitioning from inspirational content to planning and sales conversions
- Social media advertising, including targeting
- The art of selling on social, keeping the customer engaged and replying to posts
- Tracking performance and generating ROI
- Building brand loyalty – customer service via social media, managing feedback, including complaints
Trainer: Bruce Martin, Managing Director, Social Media Consultant and Travel Specialist, Ginger Juice and Travel Gossip
Bruce is the Managing Director of Ginger Juice, an award-winning social media agency specialising in travel, tourism and hospitality. Ginger Juice delivers social media strategies, community management and smart social advertising services for a wide range of businesses including tourist boards, tour operators, hotels and attractions. Bruce provides down-to-earth social media training workshops for travel businesses and is a regular speaker at events around the world. Bruce is also the Co-Founder of ‘Travel Gossip’, the UK’s largest and most active online community for the travel industry which has recently launched Travel Gossip News, a new daily news service for the travel industry. Bruce has over 20 years’ travel industry experience; previously working within travel agent eLearning, recruitment and tour operations.
Milly Youngman, Social Media Marketing Manager, Exodus Travels
Jess Pitman, Marketing Manager, Discover Adventure
Kate Holroyd, Director, Strawberry Holidays UK
Sola Thomson, Head of Marketing and Partnerships, Lotus
This seminar is for those working in leisure travel, primarily tour operators, travel agents and tourist boards including:
- Marketing, product and sales teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Senior management from small businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £125 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £175 plus VAT
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Ginger Juice is a multi-award-winning social media agency specialising in delivering high-quality B2C social media management for travel & tourism brands. Its recent campaign for South African Tourism won three different travel marketing awards. Ginger Juice’s trade-facing brand is Travel Gossip, which started as a Facebook group in 2014 and has grown to become the travel industry’s most active online community. The Travel Gossip brand has evolved to become a leading provider of B2B social media marketing and travel trade events.