ABTA’s annual flagship Travel Law Seminar returns to central London in May 2024. Listen to a range of travel and legal professionals discuss the changing landscape of travel regulation and get a complete update on all legal issues facing travel.
Hear from the leading experts in travel law, including ABTA, law firms and barristers, regulators and industry representatives as they examine the current legal considerations for travel businesses and look ahead to developments in 2024.
The event will provide an essential regulatory update, including PTRs and ATOL reform, and address key topics such as consumer protection law, employment law, consumer law, payment risk, financial protection and claims and liabilities.
Further information, including session details and speakers, will be announced in due course.
Use this two-day event to contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development.
- Navigating political, regulatory and economic uncertainty in the travel law sector
- Regulating and using AI in travel
- Regulatory updates; package travel regulations, Package Travel Directive, ATOL, financial protection
- Industry panel: PTR reform and the legal framework for package organisers
- Employment law update
- Consumer rights, CMA and CAA powers
- Digital markets, competition and consumer markets bill
- Payment cards, trust accounts, opening banking and financial protection
- Panel discussion: Managing financial risk and the future of financial protection – planning in the context of regulatory change
- The 2023 Case law update
- Obtaining timely and effective redress from suppliers
- Claims and liability Q&A.
Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
Simon is a solicitor and ABTA’s Director of Legal Affairs and Company Secretary having joined ABTA as a Legal Adviser in 1996. Simon’s team is responsible for the provision of legal and regulatory guidance to Members; the advice and alternative dispute resolution services to customers of ABTA Members; and for the operation and enforcement of ABTA’s Code of Conduct. Simon chairs the European Travel Agent and Tour Operator Association and is co-author, with Professor David Grant and Stephen Mason, of Holiday Law - The Law Relating to Travel and Tourism 6th Ed.
Speakers will include leading experts in travel law; including ABTA, law firms and barristers, regulators and industry representative.
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Luke Golding, Director, Deloitte Legal
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Rachel Jordan, Director of Membership and Financial Protection, ABTA
- Lisa Kingman, Senior Financial Protection Manager, ABTA
- Sarah Prager KC, Barrister, Deka Chambers
- Receive trusted advice and guidance from industry leaders and legal experts
- Gain clarity and hear an update on regulatory issues
- Take part in interactive discussion groups around industry issues
- Listen to industry perspectives on updates to the Package Travel and ATOL Regulations
- Network with colleagues and learn how your peers are dealing with the current challenges
- Stay up to date and gain insight into future legal and regulatory issues impacting the travel industry.
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large and SME firms, including:
- Legal counsel and in-house legal teams
- Risk, finance and commercial teams
- MDs and directors
- Law firms
- Compliance and operations specialists
- Those who have legal, governance or regulatory responsibilities as part of their role.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £439 plus VAT
One day rate – £309 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £699 plus VAT
One day rate– £469 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, networking drinks on day one, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email email@example.com with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Attendance at this event can be used by practising solicitor’s to demonstrate continuing competence as defined by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), further details here. For Barristers, attendance at this event can be used towards your CPD as defined by the Bar Standard Board, further details here.
Deloitte Legal combines market-leading lawyers, consultants and technology experts to provide clients with new solutions to legal problems. Whether that be legal advice delivered in a more effective way, assistance in harnessing the considerable benefits created by advancements in legal technology, or advice on how to create a best-in-class in-house legal function, we have the breadth and depth of expertise to advise on the challenges that our clients face.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.