ABTA’s sell-out training day returns in October.
Attend this training to gain a full understanding of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. It is an essential introduction to, or a refresher on, the regulations that apply to your business.
Attend this practical and comprehensive day to ensure that you are fully up to speed on all your business’ obligations under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements regulations.
• What is your business liable for under the PTRs?
• What information must you provide to your customers?
• Does your business meet all of its financial protection obligations?
• How does Brexit affect your sales under the PTRs?
This seminar is aimed at travel industry professionals who require a full understanding of the Package Travel Regulations. Hear the latest advice from ABTA and legal experts, Travlaw, and industry peers.
Learn how the Regulations apply to your travel businesses and understand your obligations for protecting your customers.
- The legal landscape for UK travel and overview of the 2018 Package Travel Regulations (PTRs)
- Cancellations, refunds and amendments: your obligations to the consumer
- Providing the correct information to customers
- The importance of supplier and agency agreements
- Obligations of an organiser
- Complying with financial protection requirements of the PTRs
- Selling outside of the UK and the implications of Brexit
- Liabilities under the PTRs
- The future outlook for the PTRs.
Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner and Head of Litigation, Travlaw
Matt Gatenby is a Senior Partner at Travlaw, with over 20 years of experience in the travel law industry. He is proud to serve a vast array of tour operators, travel agents, trade associations, insurers and their underwriters. His skillset encompasses all types of travel law work, with a specialism in high value litigation and cross border disputes. A popular trainer and speaker, Matt is often asked to deliver in-house seminars and appear on panel debates, as well as pure legal events such as the International Bar Association (IBA) global conference. Matt has also contributed to various travel media sources such as Travel Weekly and BBC News as well as legal publications such as Travel Law Quarterly and Solicitors Journal and comments on industry issues in the wider press.
Additional speakers include:
- Krystene Bousfield, Partner, Travlaw
- Nick Parkinson, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Lisa Kingman, Senior Financial Protection Manager, ABTA
- Meera Tharmarajah, Solicitor, ABTA
- Receive expert guidance on the Package Travel Regulations
- Ensure you are providing the correct information to customers
- Gain insight into the financial protection requirements of the PTRs
- Take part in interactive discussion groups around the key issues
- Listen to industry perspectives on updates to the PTRs
- Network with colleagues and learn how your peers are dealing with the challenges
- Stay up to date and gain insight into future PTR issues impacting the travel industry.
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large and SME firms, including:
- Legal counsel and in-house legal teams
- Risk, finance and commercial teams
- MDs and directors
- Law firms
- Compliance and operations specialists
- Those who have legal, governance or regulatory responsibilities as part of their role.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.