Participate in ABTA's cybersecurity training day tailored for professionals in the travel industry. Acquire essential insights into cybersecurity protocols, compliance strategies, and effective data protection practices.
Tailored specifically for the travel industry, ABTA’s cybersecurity training day will provide essential insights into cybersecurity protocols, compliance strategies and effective data protection practices.
Attendees will gain insight into the latest cyber threats, trends and hear about real-world incidents to help prevent an attack. Cyber security experts will guide you through preparation and planning for an attack, responding to a breach should it occur and how to react post-breach to protect your reputation and build a more resilient cyber culture.
Gain practical tips on monitoring third-party vendors including the top risks to look out for, risk assessment strategies and how to maximise benefits from insurance. Explore the legal implications of a cyber breach, your supplier contract obligations and the obligations for incident reporting.
Take part in a workshop session investigating an incident, discover investigation techniques aimed at minimising both immediate and long -term impacts and how to carry out post-incident analysis.
This event serves as a unique and indispensable opportunity for travel industry professionals. Not only will you gain actionable insights but also network with seasoned cybersecurity experts, ultimately helping you to fortify your organisation against the ever evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats. Join to stay ahead and ensure your organisation’s cybersecurity resilience in an industry where data protection is not just crucial – it’s paramount.
- Cyber threat landscape with insights into current and emerging risks, recent trends, and notable incidents.
- Controls, due diligence, and risk management, covering technical, procedural, and human aspects, along with strategies for vetting third-party vendors.
- Financial and reputational impact of cyber incidents, including quantifying consequences, safeguarding customer data, and fostering a resilient cybersecurity culture.
- Regulatory consequences, potential fines, and the role of cybersecurity insurance in mitigating losses following a breach.
- Employee education and secure practices, addressing password strength, remote work concerns, and tools for monitoring data access and email security.
- Cybersecurity standards and compliance, encompassing contractual obligations with suppliers, enforcement strategies, and legal requirements, including GDPR.
- Incident response and recovery, covering the creation of effective response plans, minimising immediate and long-term impacts, and continuous improvement.
- Emerging technologies, assessing risks and benefits, anticipating future threats, and understanding how evolving tech shapes the cybersecurity landscape.
- Moderator: Charlotte Devlin, Cyber Director, Grant Thornton
- Mark Frost, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead, easyJet
- Matt Boddy, Application Security Engineer, International Airlines Group Loyalty (IAGL)
- Zoe Hurley, Legal Director (Cyber), Kennedys
- Jim Steven, Head of Crisis & Data Breach Response Services, Experian
- Chloe Dellow, GRC Cloud Specialist, OneTrust
- Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery (Data Protection Officer), ABTA
Further speakers to be announced, including representatives and advisors from the travel industry.
- Gain insights into evolving cyber threats for proactive risk management.
- Understand how to implement effective controls and due diligence strategies in cybersecurity.
- Learn to safeguard customer trust and data by understanding the impact of cyber incidents.
- Ensure your compliance with regulations and avoid fines.
- Understand the role of cybersecurity insurance.
- Strengthen your cybersecurity resilience through employee education and secure practices.
- Stay ahead with the latest standards, compliance, and emerging technologies in cybersecurity.
This training event is ideal for professionals in the travel industry who are involved in cybersecurity and data management, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance Managers
- IT Managers
- Information Security Officers
- Decision-Makers in Cybersecurity and Risk Management
- Fraud Prevention Managers
- Legal and Regulatory Affairs Professionals.
Whether you are new to cybersecurity or seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills in data and risk management, this event provides valuable insights and practical guidance to help you navigate the complex landscape of cybersecurity in the travel industry.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.