The UK travel market is booming, with more Brits choosing to holiday in the UK and inbound tourism at record levels.
ABTA research* shows that spend on domestic travel increased by 5.8% in 2017 and 72% of Brits took a holiday in the UK. 2017 saw a record high for inbound tourism, with strong growth from overseas visitor markets, including China, Australia, Gulf States, India and the US.
2018 figures are not yet available, but VisitBritain has forecast continued growth in 2018, both in terms of visitor numbers and spend.** The British heatwave is expected to have bolstered domestic tourism over the summer months.
ABTA’s new Conference – The UK Holiday Market – will take place on 13 November 2018 in Birmingham and will look at how, where and why the UK holiday market is growing.
5 Reasons to attend ABTA’s new UK Holiday Market Conference
- Insights and market research - from bad weather to Brexit, hear about the key challenges and opportunities for the domestic tourism sector. 15 of the UK’s leading tourism experts will speak during the full-day event including Giles Smith, Deputy Director for Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Diplomacy, DCMS.
- Explore new product trends – experience led-breaks to day-trips and short breaks, connecting with nature, group travel, sustainable tourism and heritage travel. Are you up to date with the latest product trends?
- Reach a wider customer base - are you reaching Britain’s youth market? Are your products suitable for disabled customers? Learn new ways to market and promote domestic tourism. Capitalise on the growth in inbound tourism. How can you adapt your products to appeal to rapidly growing inbound markets?
- Network with suppliers, tourism partners and trade - Domestic and inbound tourism present a tangible business opportunity. Meet and educate the trade, showcase your UK holiday market products.
- Regulatory guidance – get the latest on the Package Travel Regulations for domestic travel and other legislation affecting UK tourism industry.
Places are available to book online. Registration and more information can be found here.
* ABTATravel Trends report 2017 https://www.abta.com/assets/uploads/general/ABTA_Travel_Trends_Report_2017.pdf
** VisitBritain Inbound Tourism Forecast https://www.visitbritain.org/forecast