Do you have a strategy in place for making a sale via social media?
Attend this introductory-level training day to learn how and when to use social media in travel. Understand the way that Facebook and Instagram are used by travel companies, and identify the platforms that are most successful for engaging your customers. Find out how to make your social media posts stand out against your competitors.
Hear expert speakers discuss how this works and which platforms are currently most used for sales. There any many free online tools to help you assess your ROI, attend this event to discover these tools and how to make them work for you.
ABTA's practical introductory one-day seminar has been designed specifically for tour operators and travel agents and is perfect for those that are beginning to use social media in the travel industry. Hear first-hand how a travel organisation uses their social media channels day-to-day and how they ensure they showcase their brand effectively online.
Today’s travel customer has a wide variety of methods in which they can book a holiday; in-store, via websites, over the phone, however more travel companies are now making it possible for customers to book via their social media platforms. Do you have a strategy for making a sale via social media? Hear expert speakers discuss how this works and which platforms are most used for sales.
- Social media today – understanding the sales journey of the travel customer
- How to track social media metrics to improve performance
- Content best practice – how to create posts, where to find content, ways to influence your customers
- Social media advertising, including targeting
- The art of selling on social, keeping the customer engaged and replying to posts
- Building brand loyalty – customer service via social media, managing feedback, including complaints
Moderator: Bruce Martin, Managing Director, Ginger Juice
Bruce Martin is the Managing Director of Ginger Juice, an award-winning social media agency specialising in travel, tourism and hospitality. Ginger Juice delivers social media strategies, community management and smart social advertising services for a wide range of businesses including tourist boards, tour operators, hotels and attractions. Bruce Martin has over 20 years’ travel industry experience; previously working within travel agent eLearning, recruitment and tour operations. Bruce provides down-to-earth social media training workshops for travel businesses and is a regular speaker at events around the world. Bruce is also the co-founder of ‘Travel Gossip’, the UK’s largest and most active online community for the travel industry.
- Jess Pitman, Marketing Manager, Discover Adventure
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Participate in audience discussion – you will be seated in small groups designed to encourage sharing of ideas
- Listen to out-of-industry examples of successful social media campaigns and discuss how these could work for travel brands
- Listed to industry case studies – get insight into how others use their social channels
- Check you are up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and platforms
- Decide in groups which social media posts work and which need improvement during a practical activity
- Learn how others are making sales via social channels.
This seminar is for those working in travel, primarily tour operators and travel agents including:
- Marketing and product teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Directors and senior managers from small businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.