The over 50s holiday market is lucrative and growing fast. ABTA’s Over 50s Holiday Market conference, now in its third year, will focus on key trends, travel insights and innovations for the over 50s.
The over 50s hold 76% of the nation’s wealth and 40% of over 50s spend more than £3,000 a year on holidays.*
By 2025 the over 50s are expected to account for two thirds of online retail**.
Do you have a large over 50s customer base but would like to hear about new, innovative ways to connect with customers? Would you like to hear how to reach and engage this lucrative market? Does your product and marketing strategy reflect changing consumer attitudes and purchasing behaviours?
Discover the importance of segmenting the market, including new ideas for reaching and engaging the over 50s and the over 70s, and which channels to use. Hear about key product trends, the rise of domestic tourism and how overseas destinations are working to attract this market. There will also be a focus on trends such as adventure travel, multi-generational holidays and the solo traveller.
* Office for National statistics; Silver Travel Advisor Industry Report 2018
- Travel industry trends and innovations for the over 50s market
- Opportunities, challenges and trends for the travel industry
- The growth of UK tourism and why domestic holidays are so popular
- Industry case study focusing on the popularity of adventure travel
- Promoting your sustainable and responsible initiatives to drive sales
- Adapting your product strategy to reflect the changing needs of the market
- Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- Sara Grady, Head of Tourism, GlobalData
- Debbie Marshall, Managing Director, Silver Travel Advisor
- Peter Shanks, Managing Director – UK, Ireland, Middle East and Africa, Silversea Cruises
- Jasman Ahmad, Planning Director, Accord Marketing
- Clare Jenkinson, Senior Destinations and Sustainability Manager, ABTA
- Kurt Janson, Director, Tourism Alliance
- Rob Goodwin, Head of Destination Services and River Cruise, Saga Holidays
- Nicola Spooner, Vice President Strategy, Unruly
- Gill Haynes, Partnerships Director, Silver Travel Advisor
- Carol Hay, Director of Marketing UK & Europe, Caribbean Tourism Organization
- John Telfer, Deputy Managing Director, Explore Worldwide
- Michelle Laverick, Head of Sales, Marketing & Membership, HF Holidays
- Dr Daisy Fan, Lecturer – Tourism and Hospitality, Bournemouth University
- Jennifer Morris, News Editor, TTG
- Tom Bartlett, Commercial Operations Manager, Gatwick Airport
- Nick Galle, Account Director PRM Services, Gatwick Airport
- Network with key suppliers and travel agents who offer and sell holidays for the over 50s
- Boost your sales – learn about effective sales initiatives and how to improve marketing and social media campaigns
- Learn from trend and innovation case studies from a range of travel companies and destinations
- Top tips on how to extend your relevance across age groups and appeal to the older customer
- Practical advice on how to speak to the older consumer and which language to use in your marketing
- Understand the key role of destinations, airports, airlines and other travel partners
Travel organisations who sell holidays to the over 50s and those looking to develop their market. The following teams will benefit from attendance at the event.
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Marketing, sales and product teams
- Customer insight and strategy teams
- Operational and customer support teams
This conference is open to ABTA Members, non-Members and the wider travel community.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £249 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £369 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
News UK is the proud owner of a stable of news and media brands that span the most popular to the most respected, cover the highbrow to the lowdown, provide the first flash and the last word.
Our award-winning stable of titles provide world-class news, sport, analysis and opinion to an audience that crosses race, age and class. News UK also owns pioneering ad tech company Unruly and leading UK and Irish radio company Wireless.
News UK is part of News Corp – a global media business focused on creating and distributing content that educates, entertains, informs and inspires our customers. Anywhere in the world. Online, offline, at work and at play.
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up, achieving real results by using the right channels, targeting the right audiences and developing the right strategy.
Saga have been creating holidays and cruises exclusively for over 50s for more than 60 years, with incredible destinations, memorable experiences and fantastic value at the heart of what we do.
From relaxing hotel stays and scenic river cruises, to cultural escorted tours and memorable ocean cruises, our varied collection is a perfect choice for anyone over 50 and ideal for people travelling on their own.
Saga is now redefining travel for the over 50’s market, with exciting new destinations and two new build ships, Spirit of Discovery (2019) and Spirit of Adventure (2020). These ships will be the first of their kind; luxury small ships built for the UK market.
The future looks very bright for Saga and we look forward to you joining us on the journey.
Trade media partner
Celebrating four years as an independent business in 2017, TTG Media is the most trusted and authoritative travel trade media company in the UK & Ireland, continuing to build on an innovative portfolio of events, website ttgmedia.com and magazines including TTG, ttgluxury and Routes News.
Highlights in 2017 include the second TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies programme, which culminated in a ceremony in Birmingham in March, the first ever TTG Travel Pride event, following the TTG LGBT conference in London on July 3rd, and the growing series of events in luxury travel, including the new Luxury Travel Week. The Lyceum Theatre in London’s West End once again became the setting for the TTG Travel Awards in September. The company has forged a strong reputation for helping to develop the best young people in the travel industry through its 30 Under 30 scheme, now entering its sixth year, its mentoring scheme and its TTG Tomorrow’s Travel Leaders conference – which this year took place at World Travel Market London for the first time.
ttgmedia.com continues to be the home for many of the breaking news stories of the travel industry, while the business remains underpinned by the weekly TTG, 64 years after the publication of the first edition of the Travel Trade Gazette