Join us at ABTA's training day on data protection and management designed specifically for marketeers in the travel industry. Gain essential knowledge on key data protection regulations, compliance strategies, and effective data management practices.
Join us at ABTA's one-day training event on data protection and management for marketing designed specifically for professionals in the travel industry. This comprehensive event will provide you with essential knowledge and practical guidance on key data protection regulations, compliance strategies, and effective data management practices.
Explore the intricacies of data protection in the travel industry, including the UK GDPR, DPA, and PECR regulations, as well as the post-Brexit and post-Covid landscape. Stay up to date with recent changes and gain insights into building a data privacy culture within your organisation.
Learn how to navigate challenges such as supply chain disruptions and protect your business against ransomware threats. Discover best practices for ensuring transparency, managing privacy notices, and handling subject access requests.
Deep dive into electronic marketing and explore email marketing strategies, consent requirements, and the use of tracking technologies. Gain practical insights into planning for and managing data incidents, including data audits, response plans, and third-party assistance.
Engage in thought-provoking discussions and learn from industry experts and practitioners. Take part in interactive workshops, case studies, and exercises to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Network with fellow professionals and gain valuable insights into the ICO's enforcement approach and future developments in data protection.
An amazing opportunity to strengthen your understanding of data protection and management for marketing in the travel industry. Join us at ABTA's event and ensure your compliance and success in an ever-evolving data landscape.
- Key regulations and compliance: understanding UK GDPR, DPA, and PECR in the travel industry and recent changes in data protection laws and regulations
- Navigating the post-Brexit and post-Covid data protection landscape and cross border data transfers
- Building a data privacy culture: staff awareness, transparency, and privacy notices
- Supply chain disruption: safeguarding against ransomware and other threats
- Ensuring transparency and data rights: managing privacy notices and subject access requests
- Electronic marketing: best practices for email marketing, consent, and tracking technologies
- Planning for and managing data incidents: audits, response plans, and third-party assistance
- Maximising marketing potential with ‘Cookieless’ data and first-party data collection.
- Moderator: Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery, ABTA
Stuart is Head of Operations and Delivery at ABTA, the UK’s leading travel trade association. Stuart joined ABTA in 2011, after ten years working for a Private Equity firm. Initially leading the delivery of new technology to support ABTA’s five year business plan, since 2018, Stuart has been responsible for business planning, risk management, overseeing business processes as well as some project work. In addition, Stuart is ABTA’s Data Protection Officer.
- Malati Parekh, Solicitor, ABTA
- Andy Headington, CEO, Adido
- Debbie Venn, Partner, DMH Stallard
Additional speakers include representatives from ABTA and industry experts.
- Enhance your knowledge of key data protection regulations and recent changes
- Ensure compliance with UK GDPR, DPA, and PECR
- Improve your marketing strategies, including email marketing and consent management
- Strengthen your data management practices and response to data incidents
- Stay informed on cross-border data transfers and industry developments
- Network with industry experts and gain valuable insights.
This training event is ideal for professionals in the travel industry who are involved in marketing and data management, including:
- Marketing Managers
- Digital Marketing Specialists
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Customer Relationship Managers
- IT Managers
- Legal and Regulatory Affairs Professionals.
Whether you are new to data protection or seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills in marketing data management, this event provides valuable insights and practical guidance to help you navigate the complex landscape of data protection in the travel industry.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Adido are experts in the travel and tourism sector having worked with travel brands since 2003. The Adido team continually research all the latest news and information about travel & digital marketing to ensure our clients keep at the forefront of the industry. We're committed to inspiring commercially-focused companies to evolve their digital experiences, and to achieve more from their marketing spend. We challenge briefs, explore alternatives and offer candid advice; all with the aim of advancing digital performance for our clients. We look for the ‘why’ and establish the ‘so what’ when assessing performance. We push to deliver efficiencies, delivering sustainable profitable growth and proving value. We obsess over meaningful commercial metrics and are not sidetracked by vanity KPIs. We embrace technology and always objectively use data to inform decision making. This ensures our digital platforms and digital marketing campaigns achieve success. We hypothesise, test, learn and evolve in order to be proactive and progressive. By combining skills across design, development, digital marketing and analytics our team offers an informed, collaborative and honest approach to digital solutions, and thrive on partnerships with clients.
DMH Stallard is an award-winning, independent law firm with offices across Sussex, Surrey and London that works in partnership with some of the most successful organisations in the country. We are able to provide multi-disciplinary legal teams with extensive technical knowledge to deliver high quality, tailored legal services to both companies and individuals. DMH Stallard has significant expertise in the travel sector, working with tour operators, travel agents, destination management companies and suppliers, advising on a wide range of commercial matters including package travel and ATOL regulations, booking conditions, agency agreements, supplier contracts and indemnities, as well as employment and corporate issues. We have particular experience in managing international and multi-jurisdictional transactions, with many of our clients operating worldwide.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.