Now in its fourth year, ABTA’s over 50s conference will help you to understand, inspire and connect with the over 50s traveller.
What are the fastest growing product trends for mature travellers? Take the opportunity to hear from our expert panel of mature travellers, bloggers, accessibility experts, marketers, destinations and tour operators. Increase your understanding of the needs of the mature traveller and how you can better market accessible products to this key customer base. Learn from other brands about how to connect with mature travellers who are not defined by age, but by their interests and activities.
People now travel well into old age with varied interests, an appetite for adventure and a high level of disposable income. There is an incredible opportunity for travel businesses who get it right.
Given the size and scope of this demographic, we will segment the market, looking at challenges and opportunities for 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+ customers. How does the purchasing and consumer journey vary? What does each age bracket expect from their holiday?
ABTA’s annual Over 50s Traveller conference will focus on how the over 50s consumer market is changing. Given that the over 50s are now the fastest growing adopters of technology and social media, it is vital you re-think the older consumer in order to reach them. How can you better tailor your marketing? And which PR, print, digital and social channels should you use and when?
- Over 50s trends, booking habits and changing customer preferences
- Why is the over 50s sector important and what is the opportunity?
- Product trends – the rise in active, adventure and educational holidays, skip-gen travel, solo travel and gap years
- Tailoring your marketing to appeal to different demographics and segmenting the over 50s market
- Using the appropriate channels to reach the over 50s – social media, print media, email, digital advertising, radio
- Working with influencers and bloggers
- Managing accessibility requirements and moving towards inclusion in your holiday portfolio
- Moderator: Sally Winfield, Chair, The Mature Marketing Association
- Debbie Marshall, Managing Director, Silver Travel Advisor
- Jennie Carr, Creative and Communication Director, Silver Travel Advisor
- Sam Seward, Managing Director, Exodus
- Lisa Warner, Director of Marketing, Abercrombie and Kent
- Aled Evans, Head of Business Development, Undiscovered Destinations
- Graeme McKenzie, Director, Let’s Talk Ageing
- Carolyn Spinks, Chief Operating Officer, ABTOI UK
- Komal Helyer, Marketing Director, Pure360
- Cat Jordan, Senior Communications Manager, Travelzoo
- Lara Crisp, Editor, Gransnet
- Aideen Clarke, Senior Brand Partnerships Manager, Gransnet
- Sarah Fowler, Head of Marketing and PR, Azamara
- Graham Turner, Social Media Lead, Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Lisa Edwards-Webb, Marketing Director, Titan Travel
- Gary Wardrope, Managing Director, Get Travelling
- Jen Morris, News Editor, TTG Media
- Understand differences between age brackets from 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+
- Learn about the fastest growing product trends for mature travellers
- Learn how to avoid ageism and stereotyping in your marketing and advertising
- Extend your relevance across 50+ age groups and ensure you cater for different ages, interests and abilities in your product portfolio
- Network with travel agents and tour operators who sell holidays to the over 50s market
Travel organisations who sell holidays to the over 50s and those looking to develop their market. The following teams will attend:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Marketing, sales and product teams
- Operational and customer support teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
A limited number of complimentary places are available for travel agents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
The UK population has aged and is ageing, with more people in the UK aged over 50 than there are under 18. Consumer spending is following this trend by growing faster within the ‘mature’ market than any other sector. Businesses know and recognise this as a huge opportunity.
And yet treating them as one large aggregate group fails to recognise that this diverse, experienced and sophisticated audience has many different values, interests and lifestyles - all of which directly influence their buying habits.
The Mature Marketing Association strives to be the voice for this important but often under exposed area of marketing - by promoting best practice advertising, facilitating networking events and investing in thought-provoking research and data.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.
Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide, we have our finger on the pulse of outstanding travel, entertainment and lifestyle experiences. For over 15 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships give Travelzoo members access to the very best deals.
Celebrating five years as an independent business in 2018, TTG Media is the most trusted and authoritative travel trade media company in the UK & Ireland, continuing to build on an innovative portfolio of events, website ttgmedia.com and magazines including TTG, ttgluxury and Routes News. Highlights in 2018 include the launch of the ttgluxury Travel Awards and ttgluxury Summit, as part of the growing series of events in luxury travel and the first ever Travel Pride Champions being announced following the TTG LGBT conference in London. The TTG Travel Awards and TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies celebrated the extraordinary talent and contribution of those from within the travel sector. The company has forged a strong reputation for helping to develop the best young people in the travel industry through its 30 Under 30 scheme, now entering its eighth year, its mentoring scheme and its TTG Tomorrow’s Travel Leaders conference – which this year took place at World Travel Market London. ttgmedia.com continues to be the home for many of the breaking news stories of the travel industry, while the business remains underpinned by the weekly TTG, 65 years after the publication of the first edition of the Travel Trade Gazette. The TTG editorial team have celebrated success in 2018 by claiming Trade Writer of the Year at the Travel Media Awards and Editor of the Year at the PPA Independent Publisher Awards, in addition to achieving two highly commended awards at the PPA Awards.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.