ABTA’s new training day will provide essential guidance on identifying, managing and mitigating your health, safety and security risks.
Attend this practical and comprehensive day to evaluate the risks facing your business and develop a health, safety and security programme that’s right for your products.
As health, safety and security continues to be a top priority for many travellers, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of customers on holiday is essential.
Attend this training day and learn how to work with your suppliers to reduce risks and identify and manage defects. Get the latest legal update on potential changes to your obligations under the Package Travel Regulations 2018 and ensure you have a suitable risk management system in place.
The agenda will include practical workshop sessions on identifying and managing risks, enabling you to put techniques into practice and provide useful tools to take back to your business.
You will get top tips for carrying out risk assessments and discover how to prioritise the risks you face across your portfolio including accommodation, transport and excursions.
Understand what you can do when things go wrong and how to go about gathering evidence in preparation for court.
Hear from ABTA, legal, health & safety experts and travel businesses.
- Understanding your legal responsibilities and contractual arrangements with suppliers
- Tools & techniques for identifying, managing and mitigating health, safety and security risks
- Working with Bedbank providers on health, safety & security requirements
- Incident responses and practical steps to take when things go wrong
- Evidence gathering and preparing for court.
Moderator: Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
Angela is the Head of Destinations at ABTA, with responsibility for destination operations, health and safety, crisis management and incident management. She is one of ABTA’s key points of contact for government representatives (UK, EU and destinations) on destination-related issues and projects. Angela is a regular speaker on behalf of the tourism industry at UK and international conferences, delivering health and safety, crisis and operational training to suppliers and Governments in destinations. Angela has over 30 years travel industry experience having joined the industry in 1988, working in various management roles both overseas and in the UK, for a major UK tour operator.
- Paul Austin, Head of Safety and Risk, TUI
- Beatriz Santandreu, Director, Biolinea
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Sarah Mayne, Manager - Health, Safety & Environment (Auditing), Virgin Atlantic
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Jason Burnett, Technical Director, Intertek Cristal
Further speakers including health, safety and security experts to be announced.
- Develop tools and techniques for putting in place a sound risk assessment framework for your organisation, understand your risk appetite, how to carry out a risk scenario analysis and reduce risks
- Take part in a workshop session and learn specific techniques to manage risks in your portfolio, including accommodation safety, excursions and transport safety
- Get an update on your legal responsibilities and new and emerging legal obligations under the 2018 Package Travel Regulations
- Hear a case study presentation from TUI on risk management systems in practice
- Discover how best to work with Bedbanks on health, safety and security requirements
- Further your knowledge of evidence gathering and gain clarity on different types of court.
This event is ideal for travel companies including tour operators, retailers and OTAs looking to develop their health and safety policies, such as:
- Managing directors and senior managers
- Health and safety teams
- Operations teams
- Health and safety legal teams
- Product managers
- Customer relations and customer support teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Biolinea International was founded in the mid-1980s, when Dr. Sebastian Crespi set up an innovative company dedicated to provide public health solutions for the tourist industry. Since then, the company has been transformed into an internationally renowned company in its field. Today we provide services worldwide and collaborate with a wide range of tourism organizations, including main hotel chains, international cruise companies, and leading tour operators. Biolinea Int. follows the best of science and practices strict codes of ethical conduct with the belief that only by working with solid scientific knowledge and solid values will the client be properly served.
Founded in 1997 in the UK, Intertek Cristal and Intertek Checkpoint are trusted partners to major hotels and tour operators around the world providing a unique range of assurance solutions to the industry. Through its Cristal Standard Solutions and Checkpoint branded audit and software solutions, Intertek enables hoteliers, restauranteurs and tour operators to meet the highest industry-specific health & safety and security standards. With global network of more than 3,000 auditors, Intertek provides the right set of tools and inspections, to provide total quality assurance to all its customers through 18 internationally recognized standards of excellence.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.