This advanced level training day is aimed at those who are responsible for developing and implementing their organisation’s complaints management strategy.
How well you manage your complaints is a key factor when customers differentiate you between your competitors. Understand how to manage your complaints process and take away top tips that you can implement within your business.
Benefit from an update on the Package Travel Regulations and the main clauses you need to be aware of when managing complaints. Learn about the alternative dispute resolution options that are available to you and get advice on how best to prepare for customer complaints.
ABTA speakers and external experts will look at the whole customer complaints process including your legal responsibilities; ABTA’s Code of Conduct; managing business safety risks; how to manage your people and processes and alternative dispute resolution.
- Understanding your legal liability
- ABTA’s Code of Conduct and how the complaints handling procedure works in practice
- Managing complaints management processes
- Using complaints to improve your customer service
- Managing business safety risks
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Personal injury conciliation.
Moderator: Charles Fachiri, Senior Customer Information Manager, ABTA
Charles started his career in travel in 1987 when he worked for Sunmed Holidays, in the overseas operations office in Turkey and upon his return to the UK within the reservations and customer relations departments. He later moved on to work for Cosmos within the same field of customer relations, where he inspected hotels and followed up on complaints in destination. Charles then moved into the cruise sector where he worked for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. In 1997 Charles joined ABTA and now is the Senior Customer Information Manager
- Alex Padfield, Director, Hextalls Law
- Diana Missoni, Senior Code Executive, ABTA
- Donna Mehmet, Senior Destinations Executive – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Sarah Buckley, Customer Information Manager, ABTA
Additional speakers will include complaints handling experts and travel representatives.
- Learn how to improve your complaints strategy, manage customer expectations and tailor your processes
- Improve your understanding of your legal liability including the Package Travel Regulations
- Hear how ABTA’s Code of Conduct works in practice, common breaches of the code and how ABTA can support you
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the arbitration and conciliation scheme including the best processes and preparation for a case
- Industry case studies – network with your industry peers to hear how they manage complaints.
This advanced level training day is aimed at those responsible for developing and implementing a complaints handling strategy, or who oversee business complaints handling procedures.
The event is ideal for team leaders and managers in customer care, customer relations and operations.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.