Please note that this event was postponed from 17 March due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The new date is 18 November 2020.
The media landscape has changed dramatically, so too must the role of the PR professional.
Traditional print, online and broadcast outlets now sit alongside new media, including vloggers, bloggers, podcasters, social channels and influencers. New players such as Buzzfeed, WhatsApp, Snapchat and streaming service providers are changing how people access content. This poses opportunities for travel brands to better target their audiences, as well as challenges, as it can harder to cut through in a competitive landscape. Furthermore, travel brands must be cautious in identifying which outlets are most suitable for them. Which PR channels are most appropriate for your organisation, and how can you best support your sales strategies in your PR and communications role?
- The future of strategic PR and changing PR landscape
- Influencer marketing and inspirational campaigns
- Online vs traditional media – where does the balance lie?
- Consumer trust and the role of travel PR
- Reputation management during a crisis
- The role of social media
- How good PR strategies can boost SEO and brand awareness
- Working in partnership with brands and destinations, press trips
- Power of broadcast; TV, radio, podcasts, ideas for smaller budgets
- Your PR goals – brand marketing vs short term results
- Future of the role of the PR professional
Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
Victoria leads ABTA’s communications, marketing, events and business development teams, in her role as Director of Brand and Business Development. Victoria joined ABTA from Future plc, a global consumer media company, where she was Head of Group Communications. Previously she held senior in-house roles at BP plc and Kimberly-Clark plc. She spent her earlier career at corporate communications consultancies Hill & Knowlton and Fishburn Hedges. Victoria is an experienced conference moderator and regular judge at the Travel Marketing Awards.
- Danny Rogers, Editor-in-Chief, PR Week
- Chris Loy, Deputy Head of Strategic and Digital Communications, Heathrow Airport
- Koray Camgoz, Head of Communications and Marketing, Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA)
- Lisa Minot, Travel Editor, The Sun
- Cat Jordan, Communications Director, Travelzoo
- Marianne Fakinos, Global Influencer Manager, Visit Britain
- Natalie Adams, PR Manager UK and Ireland, MSC Cruises
- Fi Cotter Craig, Producer of Cruising with Jane McDonald
- Gordon Glenister, Head of Influencer Marketing, BCMA
- Jonathan Smith, Head of Media and PR, ABTA
- Phil Bloomfield, Corporate and Consumer Communications, dnata Travel Group
- Trudi Beggs, Director, 8020 Communications
- Amy Skelding, Partner – Travel PR, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Drusilla Bryan, Managing Director, Gosh PR
- Jules Ugo, Managing Director, Lotus
- Paul Nelson, Head of Travel & Tourism, Markettiers
- Sophie Collins, Team Manager, VMA Group
- Network with industry peers and discuss common PR challenges
- Hear inspirational case studies from travel companies and communications experts
- Discover trends and tools that will benefit your business
- Learn from communications professionals how to protect your brand reputation and react to a crisis
- Understand the evolving relationship between brands and traditional print journalists and influencers
- Take part in interactive panel debates and put your questions to the experts
Experienced PR, marketing and brand communications professionals from the travel industry and agencies of all sizes, including companies of all sizes:
- Tour operators
- Travel agencies and OTAs
- Destinations and tourist boards
- Hotels and accommodation providers
- Airports, airlines and ground services
- PR, communications and marketing agencies
- Journalists, social influencers, bloggers
- Media monitoring and intelligence services
- Other travel organisations.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, networking drinks, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
At 8020 Communications, we’re in the inspiration game. As a leading travel PR agency, we know how to put travel destinations, products and services on the map. Through creative media relations, vivid digital media campaigns, valued marketing content and reputation management, we connect the right travellers to businesses and generate the excitement that builds bookings and sales. 8020’s team is passionate about travel and combines that spark with deep industry insight, creativity and brilliant execution to ensure outstanding, measurable PR results. Our team’s experience includes leading tour operators, destinations, airlines, airports, private aviation services, accommodation providers, TMCs and travel technology companies.
Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company works across every segment of the travel and tourism sector. From inbound to outbound tourism, aviation to hospitality, car rental and trade associations, to ferry and cruise lines and from travel technology to travel insurance there is no area that Brighter hasn't undertaken a successful PR, digital and marketing campaign for a client. Made up of a team of dynamic experts, Brighter Group was awarded Best PR Agency, Best Representation Agency and Best Strategic PR Campaign in this year’s Travel Marketing Awards, Best PR Company & Best Representation Company in TTG’s Awards, Best Digital Influencer Campaign and Best Tourism Marketing Agency at the ITTAs this year and Best Digital Campaign at the Corp Comms awards. We work as an extension of our clients’ teams to create compelling campaigns, win awards, generate inspiring coverage to ultimately gain market share and impact the bottom line.
Gosh PR believes that tourism broadens horizons and deepens our understanding of the world. As a communicator for large and small travel & tourism brands, we evolved from a specialist travel and tourism public relations agency into a marketing communications company. Our clients benefit from our expertise on public relations, PR for SEO, social media management, content creation, influencer relations and influencer marketing – we currently work with around 70 influencers a year and counting. Based in central London and founded in 2005, Gosh PR is an independently owned, boutique agency, providing highly responsive service through a closely-knit team that is small enough to be nimble but large enough to provide a wide range of in-house services.
LOTUS is an independently owned travel PR & representation company staffed by a creative team of multi-lingual consultants. Lead by a team of experienced directors with an in-depth understanding of the industry, we deliver strategic counsel and create results-driven campaigns and long term partnerships with our clients. Our global reach is achieved through relationships with independent specialist agencies and being part of the W Communications group gives us a highly distinctive consumer marketing edge. Lotus Wellbeing was launched in 2019 to assist clients in maximising the revenue potential of the huge growth in wellness tourism.
markettiers is the leading broadcast PR agency in the UK. Securing top tier UK and international broadcast coverage across TV and radio, alongside one of the most respected and expansive podcast offerings in the industry. The ever-expanding facilities offered by our London, Manchester MediaCityUK and Dubai teams include five in-house broadcast studies plus market research capabilities and full brand consultancy services. markettiers has a wealth of long-term strategic travel industry clients including the Civil Aviation Authority – leading crisis communications for the Thomas Cook and Monarch customer repatriation, Cunard, Eurotunnel, WTM London, TTG, NATS and Connections. We have also recently worked on campaigns for Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, China National Tourism Organisation, Ras Al Khaimah, Exodus Travels, Brittney Ferries and Jet2.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.