ABTA’s one-day PR in Travel Conference offers expert guidance on the changing media landscape and the latest challenges and opportunities in travel PR.
Bringing together senior travel PR, marketing and communication professionals from brands and agencies, this must-attend conference provides a complete update on the PR issues facing companies in the travel industry.
Take away insights and inspiration from a line-up of industry speakers and reputable communications experts. Learn how to produce good quality content and engagement through different media and PR channels. Hear case studies on award winning communications campaigns and take part in interactive discussions about the emerging issues facing PR professionals in travel.
The media landscape has changed dramatically, so too must the role of the PR professional.
Traditional print, online and broadcast outlets now sit alongside new media, including vloggers, bloggers, podcasters, social channels and influencers. New players such as Buzzfeed, WhatsApp, Snapchat and streaming service providers are changing how people access content. This poses opportunities for travel brands to better target their audiences, as well as challenges, as it can harder to cut through in a competitive landscape. Furthermore, travel brands must be cautious in identifying which outlets are most suitable for them. Which PR channels are most appropriate for your organisation, and how can you best support your sales strategies in your PR and communications role?
- The future of strategic PR
- Influencer marketing and inspirational campaigns
- Online vs traditional media – where does the balance lie?
- Consumer trust and the role of travel PR
- Reputation management during a crisis
- The role of social media
- How good PR strategies can boost SEO and brand awareness
- Working in partnership with brands and destinations, press trips
- The changing relationship between in-house and external agency partners
- Working with media and journalists – future and evolving relationships
Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
Victoria leads ABTA’s communications, marketing, events and business development teams, in her role as Director of Brand and Business Development. Victoria joined ABTA from Future plc, a global consumer media company, where she was Head of Group Communications. Previously she held senior in-house roles at BP plc and Kimberly-Clark plc. She spent her earlier career at corporate communications consultancies Hill & Knowlton and Fishburn Hedges. Victoria is an experienced conference moderator and regular judge at the Travel Marketing Awards.
- Chris Loy, Deputy Head of Strategic and Digital Communications, Heathrow Airport
- Koray Camgoz, Head of Communications and Marketing, Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA)
- Marianne Fakinos, Global Influencer Manager, Visit Britain
- David Sanders, Director, UK PR & Media, Princess Cruises
- Natalie Adams, PR Manager UK and Ireland, MSC Cruises
- Trudi Beggs, Director, 8020 Communications
- Debbie Flynn, Managing Partner, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Mark Pinnes, Managing Director, Flagship Consulting
- Dru Bryan, Managing Director, Gosh PR
- Jules Ugo, Managing Director, Lotus
- Sophie Collins, Team Manager, VMA Group
- Network with industry peers and discuss common PR challenges
- Hear inspirational case studies from travel companies and communications experts
- Discover trends and tools that will benefit your business
- Learn from communications professionals how to protect your brand reputation and react to a crisis
- Learn tips and tricks for working with traditional print journalists and influencers
- Take part in interactive panel debates and put your questions to the experts
Experienced PR, marketing and brand communications professionals from the travel industry and agencies of all sizes, including companies of all sizes:
- Tour operators
- Travel agencies and OTAs
- Destinations and tourist boards
- Hotels and accommodation providers
- Airports, airlines and ground services
- PR, communications and marketing agencies
- Journalists, social influencers, bloggers
- Media monitoring and intelligence services
- Other travel organisations.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
At 8020 Communications, we’re in the inspiration game. As a leading travel PR agency, we know how to put travel destinations, products and services on the map. Through creative media relations, vivid digital media campaigns, valued marketing content and reputation management, we connect the right travellers to businesses and generate the excitement that builds bookings and sales. 8020’s team is passionate about travel and combines that spark with deep industry insight, creativity and brilliant execution to ensure outstanding, measurable PR results. Our team’s experience includes leading tour operators, destinations, airlines, airports, private aviation services, accommodation providers, TMCs and travel technology companies.
Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company works across every segment of the travel and tourism sector. From inbound to outbound tourism, aviation to hospitality, car rental and trade associations, to ferry and cruise lines and from travel technology to travel insurance there is no area that Brighter hasn't undertaken a successful PR, digital and marketing campaign for a client. Made up of a team of dynamic experts, Brighter Group was awarded Best PR Agency, Best Representation Agency and Best Strategic PR Campaign in this year’s Travel Marketing Awards, Best PR Company & Best Representation Company in TTG’s Awards, Best Digital Influencer Campaign and Best Tourism Marketing Agency at the ITTAs this year and Best Digital Campaign at the Corp Comms awards. We work as an extension of our clients’ teams to create compelling campaigns, win awards, generate inspiring coverage to ultimately gain market share and impact the bottom line.
Flagship PR delivers consumer-grade integrated marketing campaigns to future focused businesses, with a 30 year track record of creating award winning work for B2B and B2C travel and leisure businesses . We have worked with some of the biggest and most exciting brands in the industry, including Norwegian Cruise Lines, American Airlines, SilverRail and ABTA . We help brands elevate their reputations with smart, dynamic concepts that treat audiences like people. Part of the Selbey Anderson group since 2019, we are in a network of over 60 exceptional colleagues who span design, creative planning, PR, account based marketing and intelligence services.
Gosh PR believes that tourism broadens horizons and deepens our understanding of the world. As a communicator for large and small travel & tourism brands, we evolved from a specialist travel and tourism public relations agency into a marketing communications company. Our clients benefit from our expertise on public relations, PR for SEO, social media management, content creation, influencer relations and influencer marketing – we currently work with around 70 influencers a year and counting. Based in central London and founded in 2005, Gosh PR is an independently owned, boutique agency, providing highly responsive service through a closely-knit team that is small enough to be nimble but large enough to provide a wide range of in-house services.
LOTUS is an independently owned travel PR & representation company staffed by a creative team of multi-lingual consultants. Lead by a team of experienced directors with an in-depth understanding of the industry, we deliver strategic counsel and create results-driven campaigns and long term partnerships with our clients. Our global reach is achieved through relationships with independent specialist agencies and being part of the W Communications group gives us a highly distinctive consumer marketing edge. Lotus Wellbeing was launched in 2019 to assist clients in maximising the revenue potential of the huge growth in wellness tourism.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.