16 Dec

Uni-Travel Ltd ceases trading – advice for customers

Information for customers with a booking with Uni-Travel Ltd.

ABTA – 82208 / V9146 and 96395 / V9150
ATOL – 4660

Uni-Travel Ltd also operated under the following trading names:

  • The Independent Traveller
  • Farm Tours
  • Ranch Riders

We are sorry to inform you that Uni-Travel Ltd has ceased trading with effect from 13 December 2021.

Depending on the type of holiday and travel arrangements made with Uni-Travel Ltd customers will need to follow the advice ABTA has set out below.

The majority of travel arrangements booked by Uni-Travel Ltd were ATOL flight-inclusive packages. The company also sold some non-flight packages, ATOL flight only and travel arrangements on behalf of another tour organiser.   


Package holidays with flights included

If your booking included flights, you will need to contact the CAA as your booking is protected by the CAA’s ATOL scheme. Further information and advice on how to claim is available on the CAA website.

Your ATOL Certificate will say ‘Package Sale’ in the bottom right-hand corner.


Non-Flight Packages 

If you booked a non-flight package holiday (e.g. a travel without flights) through Uni-Travel Ltd, it is protected by ABTA or by your credit or debit card issuer.

If you paid Uni-Travel Ltd directly using a debit or credit card, you will need to submit your claim for a refund to your card issuer. To assist you in making your claim, you will need to download the relevant letter: 

Customers that paid Uni-Travel Ltd by any other method will need to submit a claim by clicking here. You will need to have all of your booking information and documents to hand when submitting your claim.  


Flight-only bookings

If you booked a flight only and received an ATOL Certificate, it will say “Flight Only” on your ATOL certificate. Further information and advice on how to claim is available on the CAA website.


Holidays booked through Uni-Travel Ltd with another tour operator

If you booked a package holiday through Uni-Travel Ltd and the holiday is provided by another tour operator, you will need to contact the tour operator named on your paperwork or ATOL Certificate for a flight-inclusive package (listed on your ATOL certificate under “Who is protecting your trip”).

Your tour operator should be able to confirm that they have your booking. Your tour operator will be responsible for your booking going forward.  


Further information

Customers requiring further assistance can contact 020 3758 8730 or email claimsrequest@abta.co.uk.  

Please only call if you have already followed all the advice above. 


How long will it take to process my claim?

We are currently estimating that claims may take up to six to eight weeks to be processed. 

Your claim must be submitted within six months of the date of failure (no later than 13 June 2022). Claims submitted after this date may not be accepted. When you submit your claim, please ensure you complete all sections and send through all the correct paperwork, receipts and any other documentation that supports your claim. This should prevent us from needing to contact you for further information, which takes additional time.