ABTA works with the travel industry to improve standards of health and safety in countries that ABTA Members operate to in order to ensure they provide a quality product and customers can travel with confidence.
- We provide guidance and support to ABTA Members on how to get started with health and safety within their own business.
- We provide out of hours operational support to Members and guidance on handling unplanned incidents.
- We work with Members to address common issues and engage with overseas governments to deliver training, bespoke projects and action plans.
- We develop industry-wide guidance for accommodation suppliers on health and safety good practice.
- We develop industry-wide audits for Members to use with their safety management systems, from excursions to accommodation.
- We lobby in Europe for consistent, minimum standards to protect all travellers.
- We regularly produce guidance notes on specific issues.
- We raise awareness of important health and safety issues to holidaymakers using our campaigns. Some of the campaigns include swim safety, balcony safety, quad bike safety, winter sports and travel insurance.