Building work at my hotel is much worse than previously advised. What should I do?

If the building/renovation work is significant in that the noise and dust levels are high and/or a number of facilities are no longer available, you should speak to your travel rep or travel company and they should be able to provide you with a suitable alternative or upgrade subject to availability.

If an alternative is not available, you should take photos and/or a video for evidence to pursue the matter further when you get home.

Top Tip
You must complete a customer complaint form with the rep and retain a copy. Remain civil with the rep and remember, it’s unlikely to be their fault.

Next steps
See ABTA's Code of Conduct
Register your complaint with ABTA

  • Hotels