This virtual training day will give practical guidance on supplier health and safety risk assessments and auditing. Understand how to carry out risk assessments of the products and services you offer and how to effectively manage the auditing process across accommodation, transportation and excursions.
As people begin to travel again, they have heightened expectations regarding their safety and wellbeing. Understanding and managing the risk associated with the products and services you provide is critical to reduce risks and provide reassurance to your customers.
This practical one-day virtual training will provide guidance on how and why you should conduct risk assessments. Learn how they form part of your organisation's safety management system and how best to implement them within your business.
Get a clearer understanding of how to effectively manage the auditing process within your product portfolio to reduce the risk for your customers. Explore product defect management and learn how to escalate defects within your business. Check that your knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment and auditing process is up to date.
Through practical exercises and sessions, expert speakers will give guidance on three key areas: accommodation, transportation and excursions. Get advice on how best to manage the whole auditing process, as well as what to do when things go wrong and what help is available to ABTA Members.
- A recap on your legal responsibilities and frameworks
- Risk assessment fundamentals and practical advice for conducting one
- Understanding and implementing an auditing process for the products you sell
- Practical exercises: conducting transportation, accommodation and excursion audits
- Managing defects in your portfolio
- Evidence gathering and reporting and
- Short and long-term incident responses when things go wrong
- ABTA’s health and safety work and guidance available to ABTA Members
- Moderator: Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
- Marc Jordan, Director of Security, Health & Safety, Crisis & BCM, TUI
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager, ABTA
- Esteban Delgado, Chairman and Technical Director, Preverisk
- Eddie Aslan, International Manager, Preverisk
- Dr. Ahmed Karam, Country Manager, Preverisk
- Terry Auld, Consultant, Preverisk
- Ian Greaves, Managing Director, IGI
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
This virtual training is open to ABTA Members, ABTA Partners and the wider travel community. The training will appeal to anyone in travel who is involved in or has responsibility for destination and customer health and safety:
- Health and safety teams
- Operations teams
- Product and destinations teams
- Risk and crisis management teams
- Customer care teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate: £125 plus VAT*
Non-Member rate: £175 plus VAT
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Preverisk is the leading provider of Health & Safety solutions to the travel and tourism sector. Our expert consultancy teams support tour operators, OTAs, bed banks and DMCs across the world, carrying out thousands of physical and remote audits each year. We have offices in 4 continents, audit in 9 different languages, and are adept with the assessment of all supplier types (accommodations, transfers and excursions). Preverisk is championing the digital transformation of the Health & Safety sector, supported by industry leading technology across our suite of services – audit, analytics, e-learning, and more. But Preverisk are not just the Health & Safety experts – we are also industry leaders in the areas of Sustainability, Customer Experience, Quality Management, Animal Welfare and many more. We are carrying out our vision of building a better world based on safe, sustainable and positive tourism.
Since the emergence of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Preverisk has partnered with various industry bodies to develop innovative preventative programmes that encourage the recovery of the travel sector. We have collaborated in many projects of reference, from the development of the ABTA 'Post Pandemic Recovery' guide, to accommodation protocols for RIU hotels and many other hotel groups. We were even responsible for Health & Safety for the entire tourism circuit in Cape Verde for the Ministry of Tourism, in addition to auditing projects for the Egyptian Hotel Association and many other challenging initiatives. Get to know us, and see how we can help you!
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.