ABTA’s practical online training has been designed for tour operators and travel agents who require an understanding of their legal obligations in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
The one-day virtual training, delivered in partnership with Travlaw, is designed to complement ABTA’s free support for Members. Pitched at an introductory level, get comprehensive and practical guidance to ensure your business is ready for the restart of travel.
This training day will provide you with an understanding of your legal obligations and an update on the key legal issues for the restart of travel.
With travel restrictions constantly shifting and a new traffic light system from the Government, it is vital that you understand your obligations to your customers. Getting it wrong could put your customers and business at risk:
- Do you understand what green, amber and red destinations mean for your customers?
- Do you know the effect of FCDO and other advice on cancellations, refunds and compensation?
- Are you aware of different destination requirements and where to find up to date information?
- Have you undertaken all necessary health and safety auditing in destination?
As travel reopens, it is important that you review and update your business as usual practices:
- Are you confident that your contracts and paperwork are still fit for purpose?
- Are you up to date on the UK’s latest trading agreements with the EU and how this impacts travel?
- Are you still compliant with data protection laws and are you aware of how to legally process sensitive data?
Join us at this practical training day to get comprehensive guidance on the key areas for your business to be ready as travel restarts.
- The legal landscape for UK travel
- Legal considerations for travel restart
- Obligations to your customers, including informing travellers of testing requirements
- Legal surgery: put your questions to the legal experts
- Essential health and safety auditing for travel restart
- COVID-19 destination and testing requirements
- Contracting principles and learnings from the coronavirus
- Data protection: essentials for processing sensitive health data
- Panel discussion: handling consumer claims, the role of travel insurance and risk management
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner & Head of Litigation, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
- Nick Parkinson, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Krystene Bousfield, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Emma Shakespeare, Senior Associate, Head of Commercial & Corporate Governance, Travlaw
- Stephen Mason, Senior Counsel, Travlaw
- Katie Raby, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Donna Boucher, Senior Destinations Executive – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Hugh King, Director of Business Development, Battleface
- Cátia Guerreiro, Sun & Sea Product Manager, Algarve Tourism Bureau
- Jason Burnett, Technical Director, Intertek Cristal
- James Lawrence, Director, Peregrine RM
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large, medium and small businesses, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Finance and commercial teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Operations, customer relations teams
- Legal and compliance teams
- ABTA Member/Partner: £150 plus VAT*
- Non Member: £199 plus VAT
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
battleface provide travel insurance policies that help connect travellers with destinations all over the world. From leisure travellers to digital nomads, business travellers and more we keep travel insurance simple and always available, including for countries under FCDO and government advisories.
For larger tour operators, travel agents or consortium groups, battleface custom build insurance products that align to the needs of the travellers of the ABTA member. Contact battleface at firstname.lastname@example.org to understand more.
battleface is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s of London and available for destinations worldwide.
Intertek Cristal helps clients not only to protect their brand through proactive management systems and standards, but also by allowing them to unlock the economic benefits associated with increases in efficiency, quality and productivity. We provide systemic risk-based quality assurance and verification for all sectors, from food safety and hygiene control services to dedicated audit solutions for the prevention of the spread of infection in all facilities. This includes hotels, restaurants and retail outlets where consumers will look for visible safety verification of the places in which they stay or pass through.
Intertek Cristal helps businesses obtain independent assurance that they are fulfilling their duty of care and provides their employees and customers with the confidence they need, everywhere, every day. Contact us at: +44 1291 629 863 or email@example.com
Peregrine Risk Management is a global Risk Management company, experts in Travel Risk Management, Physical Security, Risk Consultancy, Training, Asset Tracking and Threat and Intelligence. We incorporate the highest level of intelligence and technology in our solutions which include Foresight our highly secure, easy to use pre-travel risk assessment platform which protects travellers, and supports organisations globally through pre-travel planning, Gap Analysis and Travel Safety Programmes all of which are aligned with ISO 31030 - Travel Risk Management: Guidance for Organisations.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
The Algarve Tourism Bureau is the only Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) appointed by the Portuguese National Tourism Board to promote the Algarve Region and its touristic products within overseas markets, thus establishing partnerships with both public and private sector to achieve this goal, such as joint marketing campaigns with Tour operators and airlines, press and fam trips, destination trainings, trade shows, tourism fairs etc. Being funded by both government and private sectors we can be considered as the official regional tourism board as well as a trade association, as far as Destination Marketing Organizations are concerned.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.