ABTA’s practical online training has been designed for tour operators and travel agents who require an understanding of their legal obligations in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
The one-day virtual training, delivered in partnership with Travlaw, is designed to complement ABTA’s free support for Members. Pitched at an introductory level, get comprehensive and practical guidance to ensure your business is ready for the restart of travel.
This training day will provide you with an understanding of your legal obligations and an update on the key legal issues for the restart of travel.
With travel restrictions constantly shifting and a new traffic light system from the Government, it is vital that you understand your obligations to your customers. Getting it wrong could put your customers and business at risk:
- Do you understand what green, amber and red destinations mean for your customers?
- Do you know the effect of FCDO and other advice on cancellations, refunds and compensation?
- Are you aware of different destination requirements and where to find up to date information?
- Have you undertaken all necessary health and safety auditing in destination?
When travel reopens, it is important that you review and update your business as usual practices:
- Are you confident that your contracts and paperwork are still fit for purpose?
- Are you up to date on the UK’s latest trading agreements with the EU and how this impacts travel?
- Are you still compliant with data protection laws and are you aware of how to legally process sensitive data?
Join us at this practical training day to get comprehensive guidance on the key areas for your business to be ready as travel restarts.
- The legal landscape for UK travel
- Legal considerations for travel restart
- Obligations to your customers
- Legal surgery: put your questions to the legal experts
- Essential auditing for travel restart
- COVID-19 destination requirements
- Contracting principles and learnings from the coronavirus
- Data protection: essentials for processing sensitive health data
- Panel discussion: handling consumer claims and the role of travel insurance
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner & Head of Litigation, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
- Nick Parkinson, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Krystene Bousfield, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Emma Shakespeare, Senior Associate, Head of Commercial & Corporate Governance, Travlaw
- Monica Kainja, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Katie Raby, Solicitor, Travlaw
Additional speakers to include health and safety, legal and insurance experts
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large, medium and small businesses, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Finance and commercial teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Operations, customer relations teams
- Legal and compliance teams
Early bird rates (until 25 June)
- ABTA Member/Partner: £125 plus VAT*
- Non Member: £175 plus VAT
Standard rates (from 26 June)
- ABTA Member/Partner: £150 plus VAT*
- Non Member: £199 plus VAT
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.