ABTA’s one-day updated virtual training provides practical guidance for travel businesses on the latest consumer protection legislation surrounding the marketing and selling of holidays.
The online event will walk you through existing regulations – what the law says, how it applies to the travel industry and examples of compliant selling and marketing practices, as well as advice for a post-pandemic industry.
The COVID-19 pandemic has put consumers’ rights more in the spotlight than ever before. As we look forward to spring/summer 2022 and brands build consumer confidence through flexible booking policies and enticing deals, it is vital that you understand your obligations around consumer rights and your marketing campaigns.
Speakers will cover topics including digital marketing practices, the impact of the PTRs on cancellations, refunds and compensation as well as the Consumer Rights Act. Also included will be a recap on the UK’s advertising rules, the BCAP and CAP Codes.
Learn about the support and guidance that ABTA can provide. Legal, marketing and policy experts will be available to answer any outstanding questions you have on the day.
- Recap on consumer protection regulation
- Latest changes to consumer law impacting travel
- Focus on flexible booking policies
- Pricing – the legal perspective
- UK's advertising rules, the BCAP and CAP Codes
- Compliant digital marketing practices
- Government consultation: “Reforming competition and consumer policy”
- Panel discussion: advertising and marketing holidays
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner & Head of Litigation, Travlaw
- Jennifer Guilfoyle, Legal Director – Corporate, Commercial & Technology, Virgin Atlantic
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Stephen Mason, Senior Counsel, Travlaw
- Iain B Bourne, Head of Personal Information and Privacy, BRS, Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Meera Tharmarajah, Solicitor, ABTA
- Monica Kainja, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Nick Parkinson, Senior Associate, Travlaw
ABTA Members and the wider travel industry including:
- Legal teams
- Marketing teams
- Digital/online teams
- Customer service teams
- Sales functions
- Claims teams.
ABTA Member/Partner: £125 plus VAT
Non Member: £175 plus VAT
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.