ABTA’s popular Complaints Handling Training for Travel is ideal for those who handle or receive complaints on a regular basis and want a wider awareness and understanding of the complaint handling process.
The live workshop, held online, will give you the core skills to help you deal with complaints effectively, including written and verbal complaint handling techniques.
As travel unlocks, refresh your skills and hear best practice for responding to complaints effectively across a variety of channels including email, phone and social media. Benefit from group work, practical exercises and presentations.
Hear best practice for evidence gathering and reporting complaints including the importance of communicating changes and managing customer expectations. Hear how your industry peers deal with their customer complaints and discuss the common challenges you face.
Gain insight into how ABTA can assist you in the complaints handling process and get an introduction to the importance and benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- Learn how to manage challenging customers
- Learn how to respond to complaints on email, telephone, online and social media
- Understand how to make the most of your complaints and evidence gathering
- Put your skills to the test through interactive exercises, tailored for travel businesses
- Learn how to prevent complaints and hear real life examples
- An introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Moderator: Charles Fachiri, Senior Customer Information Manager, ABTA
Charles started his career in travel in 1987 when he worked for Sunmed Holidays, in the overseas operations office in Turkey and upon his return to the UK within the Reservations and Customer Relations departments. He later moved on to work for Cosmos within the same field of customer relations, where he inspected hotels and followed up on complaints in destination. Charles then moved into the cruise sector where he worked for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. In 1997 Charles joined ABTA and now manages the Customer Information team.
- Rob Ettridge, COO, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
- Michael Wallis, Customer Service Manager, Arena Travel
- Daryl Nurthen, Member Support Manager, ABTA
- David Child, Head of PR and Brand, Thomas Cook
- Kim Daplyn, Guest Relations Manager, Scott Dunn
- Laura van Schravendijk, Regional Manager, Customer Success, Freshworks
- Susanne Radcliffe, Customer Experience Leader, Flight Centre
Travel professionals who are in customer facing roles. The training is designed for large and small companies including the following roles within customer relations teams:
- Team leaders.
- ABTA Member/Partner: £150 plus VAT*
- Non Member: £199 plus VAT
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks SaaS products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. For more information visit www.freshworks.com.