Are you getting your share of the UK holiday market?
Domestic and inbound tourism present a tangible business opportunity.
The UK travel market has seen real growth with global, social and economic factors resulting in a record high for inbound tourism in 2017, and an increase in domestic tourism and staycations since 2016. ABTA research* shows that 68% of Brits took a holiday in the UK, an average of 1.8 UK holidays per person.
This practical one-day event will increase your understanding of key trends in the UK holiday market so that you can improve your product offering and marketing to customers. Look at ways to embrace new product trends, reach hot destinations and attract new markets including inbound and the youth market. Learn how wider UK tourism stakeholders and partners can work together to capitalise on the growth and deliver better holidays. Get the latest update on key legislation affecting the UK holiday market including the accessibility requirements and the Package Travel Regulations.
*ABTA Holiday Habits report 2018
- How, why and where the UK holiday market is growing
- Marketing and selling UK holidays, including the use of social media
- Successful sales initiatives and maximising the use of travel agents and distributors
- Working in partnership with wider UK tourism partners including transport providers, hotels, tourist boards and attractions
- Latest legislation affecting the UK travel market, including improvements to the visa service, decreasing red tape and the Package Travel Regulations
- Reaching a wider audience base, including young people, inbound tourists and millennials
- UK holiday product trends including; experience-led breaks, short breaks, luxury travel, group travel
- Ensuring accessible holidays
- Moderator: Jane Atkins, Managing Director, Shearings and Chair, UKTLG
- Giles Smith, Deputy Director for Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Diplomacy, DCMS
- Carol Dray, Commercial Director, Visit Britain
- Deirdre Wells, Chief Executive, Visit Kent
- Steve Williams, Client Services Director, Malvern Group (Super Break, LateRooms.com, Malvern Travel Technology)
- Simon Altham, Managing Director – Revenue, Hoseasons
- Raymond Veal, CEO, Tourism for All UK
- Bernard Donoghue, Director, Association of Leading Visitor Attractions
- Richard Calvert, CEO, Specialist Leisure Group
- Mark McVay, Chairman, UKInbound
- Jon Bezalel, Digital Strategist, Accord
- Nick Brooks-Sykes, Vice-Chairman, Tourism Alliance and Director of Tourism, Marketing Manchester
- Tony Sophoclides, Strategic Affairs Director, UK Hospitality
- David Forder, Head of Marketing, Advantage Travel Partnership
- Jeanne Lally, Joint MD, Travel Bureau
- Jackie Steadman, Director, Traveltime World
- Shevaun Joy, Director, Destination
- Luke Petherbridge, Senior Public Affairs Manager, ABTA
- Representative from Rail Delivery Group
Additional speakers will be announced in due course
- Learn what drives people to holiday in the UK
- A networking forum for UK tour operators, travel agencies and tourism partners
- Get an update on product trends, hot destinations and market developments
- Top tips on marketing and selling UK holidays, including the use of social media
- Improve sales by actively promoting UK destinations and activities and capitalising on the inbound market
- Work in partnership with key players in the UK market including transport providers, hotels, tourist boards and attractions.
Those working for UK tour operators, travel agencies, and in the UK tourism industry:
- Domestic and inbound teams
- Product, sales and marketing teams
- Tour managers and group travel organisers
- Transport providers – airports, airlines, rail providers and ticket providers
- Hotel and accommodation providers
- UK tourist boards
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Super Break has been a short break specialist for 35 years. And we pour all that knowledge, experience and passion back into creating your perfect escape. It powers everything we do.
Choosing Super Break allows you to book every element of your trip in one simple place; 2-5 star hotels, rail travel, Eurostar, flights and mini-cruises, plus all the little extras that help make each break really special. From theatre tickets and events to sightseeing and attractions around the UK and overseas, we help tailor the entire package exactly how you want it.
Just like we have for over 1.5 million customers so far… with a proud 97% customer service rating on Feefo showing just how much we go the extra mile. So when you’re ready for your next much-needed escape, trust us to create a truly unique and unforgettable short break.”
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up, achieving real results by using the right channels, targeting the right audiences and developing the right strategy.
Discover a fantastic choice of self-catering holiday accommodation with Hoseasons – with the widest choice of UK holidays, from luxury lodges with sumptuous bubbling hot tubs & quaint, quirky cottages to boating on the broads or breaks at traditional seaside caravan resorts - we have something to suit every occasion, taste & pocket too! Many of these accommodations are Pet Friendly too so now you can take the whole family away.
Whatever your reason to getaway, whether its a romantic break, birthday celebration or just time to relax and unwind, a short break away in the UK with Hoseasons is perfect for any occasion.
Website URL : www.hoseasons.co.uk/agents
Bourne Leisure has over 40 years’ experience with over 4 million holidaymakers each year. We operate Butlin’s, Haven and Warner Leisure Hotels, providing ideal UK holidays for families and adults.
Butlin’s 3 coastal resorts each deliver that family sparkle providing top entertainment with great value accommodation.
Haven’s 36 UK coastal holiday parks offer families escapism from everyday life to fresh open air with a variety of activities from archery, fencing to Nature Rockz.
Warner Leisure Hotels 14 beautiful country retreats and relaxing coastal locations are perfect for an adult only break with daily leisure activities, live entertainment & fresh dining.
The relaunched ABTA Magazine is a bi-monthly publication with a new size, format and design, distributed to 20,000 ABTA Members and UK travel industry contacts.
With an unrivalled distribution and a renewed focus on industry news, the magazine represents the interests of the entire travel sector. It is the vital publication for those working in the travel industry.
Forming part of a wider portfolio, which includes ABTA Golf, ABTA Guides and the ABTA Handbooks, the magazine provides contains in-depth destination features, analysis, comment, big-name interviews, competitions, games and much more.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com
To view our commercial opportunities click here.