ABTA's popular one-day training course offers practical guidance on VAT in travel and a comprehensive update on all travel VAT changes post-Brexit.
Get the latest updates and practical guidance from travel tax specialists.
About the event
Attend ABTA’s practical training day to will ensure that you are fully up to speed on changes to the Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS) and understand VAT in travel.
Get answers to the following questions and benefit from practical guidance.
- Where do non-EU tour operators currently need to register for VAT?
- How do you account for VAT across the EU?
- Are you aware of all the changes expected in EU VAT reform?
- Have you considered the VAT risk in the countries you operate?
Take part in interactive sessions including travel VAT calculations, ask your questions and discuss key points with tax experts.
This seminar is aimed at travel industry finance professionals who require a full understanding of VAT.
- Sue Rathmell, VAT Partner, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- Damon Wright, Director, Evelyn Partners
- Post-Brexit changes to VAT
- EU VAT reform update
- The current position for UK tour operators in other member states
- How to account for VAT across the EU if you are a UK operator
- Practical exercises on how VAT works in other member states
- Likely changes impacting digital platforms
Benefits of attending
- Receive expert guidance on travel VAT calculations
- Ensure you are fully aware of all the changes to VAT post-Brexit
- Hear about the EU VAT reform and how this could help your business
- Gain a full understanding of the current position for UK tour operators in other member states
- Take part in practical exercises to further your understanding around travel VAT
- Spend valuable time with VAT experts and have all your questions answered
- Network with colleagues and learn how your peers are dealing with the challenges
- Stay up to date and gain insight into future VAT issues impacting the travel industry
Who should attend?
Finance teams within large and small tour operators. This event is open to ABTA Members, non-Members and the wider travel industry.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
At MHA MacIntyre Hudson, our travel industry specialists understand the issues you are facing . We can help with the day-to-day running and strategic development of your business, helping you to plan effectively for the future. Alongside the usual audit, accounting, tax, advisory and compliance services you would expect, we can work with you on:
- VAT accounting – including Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme (TOMS) calculations
- VAT compliance and tax and business advice in 145 countries around the world
- Business planning, disposals and acquisitions
- Employment tax issues and the engagement of workers
- Licensing and protection support including ATOL, ABTA, IATA and TTA
With almost 200 years’ experience in helping people and businesses flourish, at Evelyn Partners our mission is ‘to place the power of good advice into more hands’. We are the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after our client’s combined wealth and tax needs and providing specialist accountancy, assurance, tax and advisory services for businesses. Our clients range from online investors to charities to entrepreneurs and corporate businesses. All our advice is delivered by people who care and go further to understand your needs and help you make those big decisions with ease and confidence.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.