ABTA’s annual Travel Marketing Conference becomes a two-day event in 2020, combining inspirational case studies, valuable insight and interactive panel discussions.
Designed for advanced level travel marketing professionals, ABTA’s Travel Marketing Conference will bring together key names in the travel industry and reputable marketing experts.
Based around a theme of ‘Cutting Through the Noise’ the two-day conference will look at how you can ensure your travel brand stands out in the competitive travel market.
Successful marketing strategies achieve impact and get brands noticed, effectively communicate and persuade customers to book.
With travel customers more curious, impatient and demanding than before, are you meeting their demands and getting noticed? Are you keeping up with how they are finding and engaging with brands and understand which channels they use and why?
You will hear from a broad range of speakers who will discuss and debate different trends and strategies around how they get their brands noticed, communicate and persuade customers to book, including latest trends in TV, audio, digital, print and social media advertising, and to implement strategies that work for your brand.
You will learn how to reach your customers at the right time, via the right channels, with the right messages.
Take away insights in order to inform future marketing and management strategies in your travel businesses. Debate and discuss key topics affecting travel marketers, including customer trust and how to meet the demand for authenticity among brands.
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:30 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
16:30 – Networking drinks
09:30-10:00 – Registration
10:00-16:30 – Conference sessions plus networking lunch
- Consumer behaviour – what motivates them and influences choices?
- Senior panel discussion around searching for impact
- Customer trust and meeting the demand for brand authenticity
- Influencers and the future of content creators – how can brands best work with them?
- How best to plan your spend on advertising
- SEM and technical digital marketing advice, plus surgery
- Power of social media and looking ahead
- Assessing the balance between traditional marketing and digital techniques
- Digital spend – where to invest?
- Campaign measurement and evaluation
- Agency and in-house relationships
- TV and broadcast spend and future opportunities
- Growing role of video and online content
- Award-winning advertising campaigns
- Future of print and traditional media
- New innovations in marketing: TV, voice, AI, mobile
- Your goals: brand marketing vs tactical short-term results
Moderator: Dean Harvey, Marketing Director, Kuoni
Dean was appointed Marketing Director for the Kuoni UK brand in April 2016 and forms part of the DER Touristik UK executive team. Dean joined from award-winning advertising agency Designate, where he was Digital Development Director working on campaigns for clients including Mark Warner, TravelZoo and Disney as well as working on the Kuoni account. Dean brings many years of expertise, particularly in digital marketing. He joined the executive team of the small yet rapidly expanding SEO agency Spannerworks in 2004 and was recruited specifically to lead and nurture the client services team. The agency was eventually sold to iCrossing, the US digital marketing agency, in 2008 for £40million. Dean took the role of Chief Commercial Officer at iCrossing, where he stayed for just over three years, and worked on campaigns for clients including Apple, Toyota, M&S and Coca Cola. The shape of the Kuoni business has changed significantly in recent years and Dean leads on creating and delivering stand-out campaigns and effective marketing that will attract new and existing customers to one of the most prestigious brands in travel.
- Richard Shotton, Author, The Choice Factory
- James Mundell, Director, Consumer Research, YouGov
- Toby Horry, Brand and Content Director, TUI UK
- Suzanne Korff, Director of Marketing, Princess Cruises
- Marta Dunphy-Moriel, Partner – Head of Data Protection and Privacy, Kemp Little
- Jo McCrostie, Creative Director, Global, the Media & Entertainment Group
- David Cooper, Head of DAX UK Sales, Global, the Media & Entertainment Group
- Tom Dunn, Director of Business Development, Wild Dog Design
Additional speakers will be announced shortly including senior industry representatives, marketing, brand and customer insight experts and influencers.
- Get inspiration from marketing experts whose insights will inform and improve your marketing strategies
- Be informed on the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Discuss the latest challenges facing travel marketing professionals and hear common solutions
- Hear travel industry case studies and the strategies behind award winning campaigns
- Discuss and debate with peers, network and build industry connections with senior marketing peers
- Get up-to-date, stay one step ahead of your competitors
The conference is designed for those with an interest in brand development and marketing from large, medium and small travel companies, including:
- Senior marketing professionals
- Customer insight teams
- CRM and data teams
- Communications and PR teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Brand teams
- Senior managers.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact email@example.com for a bespoke cost.
News UK is the proud owner of a stable of news and media brands that span the most popular to the most respected, cover the highbrow to the lowdown, provide the first flash and the last word. Our award-winning stable of titles provide world-class news, sport, analysis and opinion to an audience that crosses race, age and class. In addition to The Times, The Sunday Times and the Sun, News UK also owns leading radio company Wireless. News UK is part of News Corp – a global media business focused on creating and distributing content that educates, entertains, informs and inspires our customers. Anywhere in the world. Online, offline, at work and at play.
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. It is Europe’s largest radio company with respected, national, market leading media brands including Capital, Heart and Classic FM. It is also one of the leading Outdoor companies in both the UK & Europe reaching over 235,000 sites. On-air, on Global Player and with our outdoor platforms combined, Global reaches 51 million individuals across the UK every week.DAX is also the market leader in digital audio advertising and a pioneering platform in programmatic outdoor advertising. DAX connects advertisers with an audience of more than 130 million people worldwide listening to music streaming services, digital radio and podcasts. We can drive brand-love by embedding experiences into the fabric of our stations, events, digital or outdoor content
Kemp Little’s specialist travel team has an in-depth understanding of the travel industry and the issues which travel businesses face. As a result, our team can provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice helping you comply with your regulatory obligations, whilst also managing risk and maintaining strong commercial and customer relationships. We have experience in acting for tour operators, online travel agents, hotels, airlines, travel consortia and accredited bodies, travel management companies, flight consolidators, villa and accommodation providers, adventure travel operators and festival organisers. As the UK’s leading specialist technology and digital law firm we are best placed to support travel and tourism businesses as the digital revolution creates further opportunities for their operations as they create the best possible experience for their customers.
Wild Dog has been working for the specialist travel industry for more than 20 years, creating brands, brochures, websites and digital products for some of the UK’s most prestigious, well-respected Tour Operators. Based in Brighton, Wild Dog has always strived to offer a careful balance of creativity and technology, with considered and beautiful designs combined with state-of-the-art tech. Meanwhile, strategy is the bedrock of our work; and we base our approach for clients on solid consumer insight and evidence, making sure our designs work for our clients and their customers equally. This is supported by proprietary research into consumer behaviour and the role of digital across the purchase journey.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.