ABTA's annual Travel Finance Conference returns in February 2022.
Taking place at KPMG’s Canary Wharf office, this major industry event will bring together travel representatives, financial experts and industry regulators.
Returning to its in-person format over two days, the conference will provide a complete update on all of the finance issues facing the travel industry.
After two years of unprecedented economic disruption, this major event will bring together the travel industry to discuss the latest changes in accounting, tax, financial protection and regulation.
As travel looks to continue its recovery, it will be vital for finance professionals to use all solutions and innovations available to ensure their businesses recover, thrive and remain resilient. Attend this conference to learn how to better manage cash flow and your risk profile, work with lenders and attract investment, and manage inflation to ensure your business is in the best shape to capitalise on the increasing demand for travel.
Hear from ABTA, finance experts, travel industry representatives and regulatory bodies on topics which include: travel VAT and the new TOMS, managing your risk profile, new developments in tax, accounting and reporting, financial protection update, cash flow forecasting and financial planning.
Don’t miss the industry’s biggest finance event tailored specifically for travel companies. Take this opportunity to question the expert speakers on the key issues you are facing.
Use this two-day event to contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development.
- An update on the current economic climate
- Financial trends for travel as the industry continues its recovery
- Financial protection in travel
- New developments in accounting and reporting
- Travel VAT and the new TOMS
- Essential regulation for travel finance professionals
- Cash flow forecasting and financial planning
- Managing risk to improve relationships with stakeholders
- Innovations and lessons learnt through the pandemic
- Foreign exchange: market overview and risk management strategies
- Investment in travel and funding your business: M&A, access to finance and private equity backers
- Future of payments in travel
- Moderator: Carolyn Watson, Director of Finance and Operations, ABTA
- Rachel Jordan, Director of Membership and Financial Protection, ABTA
- Chris Giles, Economics Editor, Financial Times
- Annette Andrews, Former Chief People Officer at Lloyds of London
- Adam Murray, UK CFO, Flight Centre
- Emma Pickering, Chief Financial Officer, ITC Travel Group
- Dominic Binefa, Chief Financial Officer, Travelopia
- Paul Nunn, Operations Director, Advantage Travel Partnership
- David Riley, Chief Financial Officer, Great Rail Journeys
- Mark Essex, Director of Skills, KPMG
- Adam Broadbent, Managing Director, KPMG
- Allister Weir, Tax Partner, KPMG
- Peter Bate, Debt Advisory, KPMG
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Danny Waine, Head of Membership, ABTA
- Will Bicknell, Founder, Felloh
- Senthil Alagar, Partner, Grant Thornton
- Rob Bayliss, Director, Head of Financial Modelling, Grant Thornton
- Scott Rubin, Director, Interpath Advisory
- John Miesner, Head of Debt Advisory, Interpath Advisory
- Sue Rathmell, VAT Partner, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- William Lorenz, Banking Director, Modulr
- Charlie Lennox, Head of Sales, OFX
- Harry Narenthira, Corporate Account Director, OFX
- Nicholas Parton, Partner, Head of Forensic Accounting, Opus Pear Tree
- David Butler, Partner, Opus Restructuring & Insolvency
- Carolyn Brown, Partner – Employment Legal, RSM
- Susan Ball, Partner – Employer Solutions, RSM
- Justin Fraser, VP and Commercial Business Development, Paysafe
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Adam Pennyfather, Head of TTC Finance, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Julie Jones, Development Director, Travel & General Insurance Services
- Tom Pilling, Chief Risk Officer, Trust Payments
- Kevin O’Connell, Chief Product Officer, Trust Payments
- Luke Flomo, Chief Revenue Officer, Vyne
- Farina Azam, Partner, Deloitte Legal
- Gain in-depth insight on all the key travel finance issues facing companies today, including the latest accounting and tax issues
- Get an update on the current economic climate, including the pace of economic recovery and consumer spending
- Hear first-hand experience from industry leaders and finance directors from large and small businesses
- Get insight on how to effectively recruit and manage finance teams as hybrid working becomes more prevalent
- Understand how you can better manage your foreign exchange risk to protect your bottom line
- Hear an update on the current financial trends and what they mean for your business
- Have the chance to ask ABTA, industry speakers and finance and regulatory experts your burning questions
- Use the two-day event to contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development accreditation
The event is ideal for large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs and directors
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance, audit and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, networking drinks on day one, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact email@example.com for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 21 offices across the UK with approximately 17,600 partners and staff. KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. It operates in 147 countries and territories and has more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients. The KPMG trademarks are the sole property of KPMG International Limited and its related entities and their use here does not imply auditing by or endorsement of KPMG International Limited, its related entities or any KPMG firms.
Felloh is the smart way to monitor, manage and move money in the travel industry. We work at the heart of the travel payments ecosystem and on behalf of everyone protecting and managing money. Our smart software provides a 100% accurate, real-time understanding of where the money is, the risk attached to it and where it needs to go – giving the absolute confidence needed by travel businesses, regulators, acquirers and insurers to keep the travel industry moving and thriving.
Grant Thornton UK LLP are business advisers that help organisations navigate today’s volatile markets, with a strong focus on quality and delivering insights to succeed. We are committed to working with the leisure, travel and tourism sector to ensure productivity, growth and a sustainable long-term future. We understand what you need today and what you’ll need tomorrow. And will tailor our service to get you there. In the UK we’re led by 190 partners and over 4,500 people. We can also call on a global network made up of 53,000+ people in over 135 countries. For more than 100 years, we have helped dynamic organisations realise their strategic ambitions. Whether you’re looking to finance growth, manage risk and regulation, optimise your operations or realise stakeholder value, we can help you.
There are times when all organisations need the help of a specialist. The question, the problem, the opportunity is simply too big to solve alone. These hard choices require decisiveness, understanding and sometimes, compassion. What is needed in these times is a guide. A pathfinder. A co-pilot. Right by your side, seeing it through from start to finish. And that’s what we do. Interpath is a financial advisory business with a broad range of specialisms covering Restructuring, Advisory and Deal Advisory Service lines. We help organisations facing challenge or opportunity to navigate what’s next.
At MHA MacIntyre Hudson, our travel industry specialists understand the issues you are facing . We can help with the day-to-day running and strategic development of your business, helping you to plan effectively for the future. Alongside the usual audit, accounting, tax, advisory and compliance services you would expect, we can work with you on:
- VAT accounting – including Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme (TOMS) calculations
- VAT compliance and tax and business advice in 145 countries around the world
- Business planning, disposals and acquisitions
- Employment tax issues and the engagement of workers
- Licensing and protection support including ATOL, ABTA, IATA and TTA
Modulr is the Payments as a Service API platform for digital businesses. It integrates into any product or system. Modulr’s new type of payment accounts are built for businesses that need a faster, easier and more reliable way to move money. Businesses can automate payment flows, embed payments into their platforms and build entirely new payment products and services themselves. All managed in real-time, 24/7 from one API.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and since then, over 1 million customers have trusted OFX with transfers in 50 currencies to 127 countries. They don’t just offer great rates. OFX believe real help from real people counts. That’s why their clients get the best of both worlds – a seamless digital platform, combined with 24/7 phone access to currency experts. When it comes to moving money, peace of mind is important. OFX are monitored by over 50 regulators globally and work within a network of carefully selected banking partners. So, whether you’re sending money to friends and family abroad, or doing business across borders, OFX can get your money where it needs to go. Fast, simple, secure.
Opus Business Advisory Group assists businesses and individuals to take command and gain control of financial and operational challenges that are being faced as well as supporting change and growth opportunities. There are often options that business owners and directors are not aware of at a time of challenge, change or growth. Our Partners work with clients to present all options available, ensuring that compliance requirements are met, and the best path forward is followed.
Paysafe Limited is a leading specialised payments platform. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualised transactional volume of US $100 billion in 2020, and approximately 3,400 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 70 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
At RSM, we have a cross-service team of experts working with travel agents and tour operators across the UK travel and tourism industry. Our services range audit, accounting and tax advice, technology implementation and risk advisory, corporate finance and restructuring and employment services and HR. With a 3,800 strong UK team and access to more than 43,000 people across the RSM global network, you can draw on the knowledge and experience of our sector specialists. Using our insight and experience we can help you navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic and what will be an ever-evolving landscape. No matter where in the world you operate, or plan to in the future, our team, active in over 120 countries, will be ready to share their insights and industry knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
For over 12 years, we’ve been supporting travel businesses with pragmatic solutions to a range of complex regulatory, finance and strategic problems. We help them manage regulatory and bonding issues with ATOL, ABTA and IATA. We also help model and monitor their finances, develop business plans, raise money, and find investors. Throughout the Covid-19 crisis, we've been providing our clients with up-to-the-minute guidance and recommendations for common issues arising around cash flow management and regulatory responsibilities. We have also supported them through several successful CBILS and furlough processes since those schemes were launched and have helped them manage their relationships with regulators, merchant acquirers, insurers and other stakeholders. We are assisting with their future planning by advising on a range of other areas, including insurance, bonding, trust accounts, M&A and complex regulatory and financial issues. If you would like to get in touch, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'd be happy to arrange a chat.
Travel & General Insurance Services (t&g) are the largest provider of travel bonds in the UK and Ireland and have been issuing surety bonds for the Travel Industry for nearly 40 years. We are also a specialist broker providing access to leading insurers and creating bespoke travel insurance policies. We are known for our expertise. knowledge and insight in all aspects of Travel Bonding & Insurance. We operate as an MGA vested with underwriting authority by Hiscox, (A rated) which acts as the primary insurer. Travel & General Insurance Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Registration Number 304788
Trust Payments is a disruptive leader in fintech, providing on-demand Payments and Banking-as-a-Service services to help businesses grow and scale online, in-store, and on mobile. Trust Payments combines these services with powerful tools, such as loyalty management and instant eCommerce, engaging new innovative payments methods in crypto and bank transfers to drive Converged Commerce™. Focusing on the SME sector in the UK, EU and US, Trust Payments drives value for our clients through personalised service, secure and frictionless payments and innovative products. Trust Payments has a global footprint, with over 400 people across 10 offices supporting the most demanding business sectors, from travel and hospitality to crypto, gaming and financial services, and an acquiring network of over 50 global banks and hundreds of alternative payment methods. Trust Payments holds Visa and Mastercard Principal Memberships in the EU for cross-border business, licenced by both the Malta Financial Services Authority and UK Financial Conduct Authority, and holds licences in 7 US States to carry out regulated payments in gaming.
Vyne uses open banking to power account-to-account payments, eliminating middle-men, improving the consumer experience and setting the course for the future of payments. Customers pay for goods by moving money in real-time paying directly from their bank account and payments are completed in seconds, bypassing expensive and slow traditional methods. Pain points merchants face are resolved with Vyne’s lower transaction costs, instant settlement and simple reconciliation. Founded by true payments experts with 200 years combined industry experience, Vyne’s innovative technology and solutions ensure faster, safer, seamless payments. Payments perfected.
Mode is an LSE-listed and FCA registered fintech on a mission to build the world's most disruptive ecosystem where exchanging value and growing wealth is seamless for all. By utilising the power of Open Banking and Bitcoin, Mode provides businesses with a cheaper, safer and smarter alternative to card payments that rewards shoppers with Bitcoin Cashback via the Mode app. Cut on costly card processing fees, eliminate fraud and boost conversion rates when integrating Mode into your eCommerce platform.
Mode has also recently launched a Bitcoin Payroll solution that allows you to pay your employees in Bitcoin. To learn more, visit our website or come by our stand for a live demo.