After a year of unprecedented change, ABTA’s annual Travel Finance Conference will return virtually in a one-day format, streamed live via a digital platform. This timely event will provide you with an essential update on all accounting, tax and regulatory issues, an update on the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement and guidance on the Governments latest COVID-19 support.
This one-day conference can be used to contribute at least five hours to your Continuing Professional Development accreditation.
This major industry event will bring together senior finance professionals from across the travel industry, along with suppliers, regulators, and experts to discuss and examine the key updates in travel finance.
With increased coverage on refunds and consumer rights, understanding your financial protection requirements is vital. Attend this conference to hear an update on ATOL, ABTA bonding and Refund Credit Notes. Speakers will also discuss changes for businesses selling in and out of the EEA following the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement.
The revised auditing standard, ISA (UK) 570 on Going Concern has been described as the biggest change to auditing standards in the last 10 years. It brings additional requirements for management to prepare a robust assessment of Going Concern, and ensure disclosures are adequate to protect directors and satisfy audit requirements. Attend to learn what has changed and how you can prepare to stand the test of auditor challenge.
Accurate cash flow forecasting and managing short term working capital will be critical to enable travel businesses to survive and recover. This conference will see financial experts and industry leaders explore the strategies and tools available to help businesses manage in the short term and prepare for travel’s full recovery.
The event will combine key conference sessions with practical workshops and training. Ask your questions to the experts, discuss common challenges with peers and hear from the regulators as to the changes your business needs to make to recover during 2021.
- An economic and industry update
- Accounting and auditor update – a focus on the revised ISA UK 570 relating to Going Concern
- Financial protection
- COVID-19: Government support
- Financing a travel business in 2021
- The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement – what it means for travel finance professionals
- Future investment in travel
- Consumer card payments
- Future of finance professionals in travel
You will have the chance to attend two practical workshops and interactive surgery sessions live. All sessions will be recorded and available on demand.
- Diversity and inclusion in finance
- Finance tech update
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Foreign exchange
- Fraud prevention and cyber security
- Government business support
- Insurance update
- Carolyn Watson, Director of Finance and Operations, ABTA
- Rob Elder, Agent, Agency for Greater London, Bank of England
- Michael Budge, Head of Operations – Aviation & Travel: Finance & Licensing, CAA
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- John de Vial, Director of Membership and Financial Services, ABTA
- Martin Alcock, Director, The Travel Trade Consultancy
- Sue Rathmell, VAT Partner, MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- Hamish Muress, SME Currency Strategist, OFX
- Tim Robinson, Audit Director, RSM
- Andrew Stewart, CFO, Neilson Active Holidays
- Dave Riley, CFO, Great Rail Journeys
- Adam Pennyfather, Director, The Travel Trade Consultancy
- Krystene Bousfield, Associate Solicitor, Travlaw
- Rachel Jordan, Director of Financial Protection, ABTA
- Helen Ramsell, Head of Finance, The Midcounties Co-operative Ltd
- Paul Clerkin, Finance Director, The Travel Collective
- Emma Shakespeare, Senior Associate Solicitor, Travlaw
- Ash Sofat, CEO, Somak Holidays
- Harry Stoakes, Corporate Finance Partner - M&A, BDO
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- CEOs and directors
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance, audit and commercial teams.
ABTA Members & Partners
*Early bird rate expires 12 February
Individual rate - £99 plus VAT *
Business rate – £399 plus VAT *
This rate enables you to train your whole team digitally, in a cost-effective manner. The business rate includes five digital log-ins. Up to five people can attend at any one time, and on-demand content can be shared more widely amongst your team.
*Early bird rate expires 12 February
Individual rate - £149 plus VAT *
Business rate – £599 plus VAT *
This rate enables you to train your whole team digitally, in a cost-effective manner. The business rate includes five digital log-ins. Five people can attend at any one time, and on-demand content can be shared more widely amongst your team.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
(please add *s next to the ABTA Member rates)
This one-day conference can be used to contribute at least five hours to your Continuing Professional Development
This year, amidst the challenges of social distancing, The Travel Finance Conference will be brought to you digitally, in a one-day format, via a custom virtual platform. The platform can be accessed via your web browser. Support and tutorials will be available before and during the event which will help you make the most of all the features available.
- This is not a webinar. All speakers will present live and will be available for questions and discussion on the day.
- Interactive breakout workshops for smaller groups of delegates enable you to take part in discussions led by finance experts.
- Submit your questions in advance or during the conference.
- View presentation slides via the platform.
- Network with attendees on the platform via the 1:1 chat function or arrange 1:1 video meetings, visit sponsor hubs for exclusive content, guidance and resources.
- Watch content after the event on demand using your platform log in details.
Accountancy and business advisory firm BDO LLP provides integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy. We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set and have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed. BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing nearly 5,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services.
At MHA MacIntyre Hudson, our travel industry specialists understand the issues you are facing . We can help with the day-to-day running and strategic development of your business, helping you to plan effectively for the future.
Alongside the usual audit, accounting, tax, advisory and compliance services you would expect, we can work with you on:
• VAT accounting – including Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme (TOMS) calculations
• VAT compliance and tax and business advice in 145 countries around the world
• Business planning, disposals and acquisitions
• Employment tax issues and the engagement of workers
• Licensing and protection support including ATOL, ABTA, IATA and TTA
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and since then, over 1 million customers have trusted OFX with transfers in 55 currencies to 127 countries. They don’t just offer great rates. OFX believe real help from real people counts. That’s why their clients get the best of both worlds – a seamless digital platform, combined with 24/7 phone access to currency experts. When it comes to moving money, peace of mind is important. OFX are monitored by over 50 regulators globally and work within a network of carefully selected banking partners. So, whether you’re sending money to friends and family abroad, or doing business across borders, OFX can get your money where it needs to go. Fast, simple, secure.
At RSM, we have a cross-service team of experts working with travel agents and tour operators across the UK travel and tourism industry. Our services range audit, accounting and tax advice, technology implementation and risk advisory, corporate finance and restructuring and employment services and HR. With a 3,800 strong UK team and access to more than 43,000 people across the RSM global network, you can draw on the knowledge and experience of our sector specialists. Using our insight and experience we can help you navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic and what will be an ever-evolving landscape. No matter where in the world you operate, or plan to in the future, our team, active in over 120 countries, will be ready to share their insights and industry knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
For over 12 years, we’ve been helping travel businesses with pragmatic solutions to a range of complex problems. We help them manage regulatory and bonding issues with ATOL, ABTA and IATA. We help them model and monitor their finances, develop business plans, raise money, and find investors.
Throughout the Covid-19 crisis, we've been providing our clients with up-to-the-minute guidance and recommendations for common issues arising around cash flow management and regulatory responsibilities. We have also supported them through several successful CBILS and furlough processes since those schemes were launched and have helped them manage their relationships with regulators, merchant acquirers, insurers and other stakeholders.
We are assisting with their future planning by advising on a range of other areas including insurance, bonding, trust accounts, M&A and complex regulatory and financial issues. If you would like to get in touch, please drop us an email on email@example.com, and we'd be happy to arrange a chat.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
Grant Thornton UK LLP are business advisers that help organisations navigate today’s volatile markets, with a strong focus on quality and delivering insights to succeed. We are committed to working with the leisure, travel and tourism sector to ensure productivity, growth and a sustainable long-term future. We understand what you need today and what you’ll need tomorrow. And will tailor our service to get you there. In the UK we’re led by 190 partners and over 4,500 people. We can also call on a global network made up of 53,000+ people in over 135 countries. For more than 100 years, we have helped dynamic organisations realise their strategic ambitions. Whether you’re looking to finance growth, manage risk and regulation, optimise your operations or realise stakeholder value, we can help you.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on firstname.lastname@example.org.