ABTA's practical one-day introductory social media seminar has been designed specifically for tour operators and travel agents. The day will deliver comprehensive guidance on the opportunities and challenges of social media for travel.
This training course will include advice regarding Facebook’s big announcement concerning newsfeeds and what you can do about it.
Smart travel businesses are increasingly turning to social media advertising to help them build credibility and generate enquiries. This seminar will help you to understand how to harness the power of social advertising to help you sell more.
Delegates will benefit from updated guidance, practical activities and industry case studies.
Hear expert speakers discuss topics such as how to track social media metrics to improve performance, building brand loyalty and the art of selling on social. There will be a focus on future digital marketing trends and the impact these could have on travel.
- How social media is changing the travel industry – top trends and platforms
- Get the latest news on Facebook’s big newsfeed changes and how it affects you
- How to track social media metrics to improve performance
- Content best practice – how to create posts, where to find content, ways to influence your customers
- The art of selling on social and replying to posts
- Building brand loyalty – customer service via social media, managing feedback, including complaints
- Future trends – digital marketing trends and impact on travel
Moderator: Bruce Martin, Managing Director, Ginger Juice
Bruce Martin is the Managing Director of Ginger Juice, an award-winning social media agency specialising in travel, tourism and hospitality. Ginger Juice delivers social media strategies, community management and smart social advertising services for a wide range of businesses including tourist boards, tour operators, hotels and attractions.
- Ant Stone, Marketing Director, G Adventures
- Small groups designed to encourage audience participation
- Benefit from practical activities, group work and industry case studies
- Check you are up to date with the latest trends, techniques and platforms on social
- Gain top tips to build your brands
- Take away best practice on advertising, selling and content creation
- Learn how others are making the most of engagement opportunities and interactions
This seminar is for those working in leisure travel, primarily tour operators and travel agents including:
- Marketing and product teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Directors and senior managers from small businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.