This event is now full. Please email email@example.com to add your name to the waiting list.
ABTA’s practical new one-day seminar has been designed to provide training on sales strategies and skills for sales professionals within travel companies of all sizes.
Whether you are from a tour operator or travel agent, this course has been designed for those who are looking to refresh their existing sales techniques, reassess current strategies or who are new to the travel sales environment. Attendees will benefit from a full day of training, including a recap on sales strategies and typical customer journeys as well as practical sessions on handling customer enquiries, converting leads and closing sales through various channels – web, email, social, phone.
Hear how other travel businesses have adapted to the surge in digital enquiries and how they respond to leads through social media and web chats. Learn how to improve your conversion rates via telephone sales and get top tips on negotiation skills and upselling on existing bookings.
Hear from ABTA and a travel lawyer on the must know legal issues affecting sales, including the requirements under the Package Travel Regulations and GDPR. Get guidance on how to communicate the importance of the trusted travel expert and benefits of ATOL/ABTA financial protection and how this can assist in converting leads.
The day will be led by an experienced travel industry sales trainer who will provide first-hand guidance and insight as well as answering your specific questions.
- Customer trends and new purchasing behaviour
- Communication skills
- Your legal obligations when selling holidays
- The customer journey and managing customer expectations
- Practical techniques for closing sales and converting leads
- Converting leads from social media and online, including web chat
- Improving customer loyalty
- Trainer: Gary Grieve, Managing Director, Capela Training
Gary Grieve has, since 2003, owned and managed Capela Training, offering customer focused training to travel, tourism and hospitality businesses. He develops and delivers training in sales, marketing and business skills and is accredited to train both WorldHost (customer service) and China Welcome courses. Recently he has led a nationwide series of bespoke training programmes with VisitEngland to develop international tourism markets. Gary was previously in management roles with leading specialist tour operators Bridge Travel, Saga Holidays and Jetlife. He is a popular speaker at travel industry events and a serial travel awards judge. He spent four years as an elected Board Director of UKinbound, following three years as Chair of the CIM Travel Group.
- Emily Jones, Media and PR Manager, ABTA
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Get in-depth and tailored sales training specifically for travel
- Reassess and refresh your sales strategies – are they still up to scratch?
- Hear case studies from leading travel companies including digital contact centre strategies
- Hear tips for how to improve lead conversion rates and upsell on existing bookings
- Take part in practical workshops to bring together learnings from the day
- Network with industry peers and share solutions to common challenges around handling enquiries and closing sales
ABTA Members and the wider travel industry including the following from travel companies of all sizes:
- Sales team leaders
- Sales and reservations teams
- Sales managers.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place