This new practical workshop will provide a comprehensive guide to ABTA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes, specifically the arbitration and conciliation schemes.
Arbitration and conciliation provide a more cost effective, quicker and less formal alternative to court. These schemes, which use an independent body to reach a fair and impartial outcome, have become a popular solution for resolving customer disputes in travel.
Understanding the arbitration and conciliation processes are extremely important for all staff involved with handling complaints and dealing with disputes. Attend this seminar to get a better understanding of the benefits of both schemes and learn how to prepare for future cases.
Explore how a decision is reached in conciliation and the role of the conciliator; what to expect and how to prepare via a mock conciliation process.
Take part in practical sessions and learn what a good arbitration case looks like in order to avoid common and often costly errors – how should you respond and how should your case be presented? Get guidance from travel experts and an arbitrator to ensure that you get the result that works best for your businesses and for your customers.
Hear from ABTA and industry peers on the common lessons learnt. Get insight from an arbitrator and experts who will use real life examples to demonstrate what an arbitrator is looking for in a defence and how they come to their decision. Apply this insight when setting out your next defence.
- The basics and benefits of ABTA’s arbitration and conciliation schemes
- ABTA’s role in the process and an overview of what to expect
- Advice for preventing a case from escalating and managing customer’s expectations
- Understand how decisions by conciliators and arbitrators are made and how their awards/outcomes are decided
- Practical exercises including a mock conciliation process and a workshop on how to prepare your defence case for arbitration
- An interactive guide to using the Hunt ADR portal and how to submit your defence documents
- The appeal process
- Moderator: Charles Fachiri, Senior Customer Support Manager, ABTA
- Gregg Hunt, Managing Director, Hunt ADR
- Rob Haworth, Customer Support Manager, ABTA
- Irena Jasinski, Customer Services Manager, Balkan Holidays Ltd
- Martin Medforth, Panel Mediator, Hunt ADR
- Matthew Finn, Panel Member, Hunt ADR and Managing Director, Ankura
- Morgan Curtis, Customer Support Adviser, ABTA
- Gain a better understanding of the processes and benefits of ABTA’s arbitration and conciliation schemes
- Hear how an arbitrator comes to a decision and understand the common mistakes made by travel businesses
- Improve your understanding of ABTA’s customer support processes
- Get top tips on preparing for a case and learn from good and bad real-life examples
- Hear from, and network with, industry peers, ABTA and dispute resolution experts
This seminar is ideal for staff who are involved in the handling of complaints and dispute resolution and would like to gain a better understanding of how the arbitration and conciliation schemes work. The seminar is designed for large and small companies including the following teams:
- Claims and dispute resolution
- Customer service and support teams
- Legal and compliance teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.