ABTA’s new training day is designed for public relations and communications professionals from travel companies of all sizes. The one-day event will provide insight into how to plan effective strategic PR campaigns and optimise PR tools to promote and protect your travel brand.
PR is an integral part of a travel business communication strategy. With the evolution of the digital landscape, PR professionals now find themselves in a role that requires them to juggle traditional channels such as radio and print with new platforms such as social media and influencer marketing. Are your PR strategies still fit for purpose? Are you using the opportunities posed by newer PR methods to reach broader audiences?
Attend to get the latest guidance on how to plan and deliver a successful PR campaign on all budgets; from identifying your aim to pitching your story to the press and delivering broadcast interviews. You will hear from a range of travel businesses on what made their campaigns successful as well as guidance from ABTA’s own Head of Media and PR and other PR experts. You will also have the chance to put your questions to a travel journalist and hear first-hand what makes them tick and sets stories apart.
- Managing media and PR within your organisation including planning resources and budgets
- In-house and agency relationships
- Planning your campaign and identifying opportunities on all budgets
- Media relations; optimising relationships and top tips for getting your press releases noticed
- First-hand insight and top tips from a travel journalist
- Social media in PR; creating successful integrated campaigns
- Working with influencers; content and negotiating contracts
- Travel PR case studies
- Interview guidance; delivering key messages across TV, radio, video, print
- Measuring and evaluating campaign success
- Moderator: Emma Brennan, Head of Media and PR, ABTA
- Caroline Calvert, UK PR Director, The Travel Corporation
- Emma Martell, Head of Social Content, Virgin Trains
- Lisa Minot, Travel Editor, The Sun
- Debbie Flynn, Managing Partner, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Anneka Roberts, Associate Vice President – Digital, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Emily Olsen, Senior Account Manager, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Kate O’Brien, Vice President, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Sarah Long, Partner, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company
- Darrin des Vignes, Vice President Representation, Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company representing Jordan Tourism Board, Discover Dominica Authority, Taiwan Tourism Bureau, St Helena and Belize Tourism Board
- Rich McCor, Instagram Influencer, Paperboyo
A full list of speakers will be announced shortly.
- Hear the strategies behind successful PR campaigns from within the travel industry
- Learn how to improve media relations and optimise relationships for you and your brand
- Understand how to find the balance between digital and traditional PR
- Learn how influencer marketing and PR can work together – negotiating contracts, incorporating into wider strategies
- Take away guidance on how to deliver key messages through interviews and build your confidence through practical exercises
- Network with other communications and PR professionals from travel and share solutions to common challenges
- Put your questions to a travel journalist and find out what they want from press releases and stories
This training day is designed for those responsible for, and have experience in, PR and brand communications across travel business of all sizes, including:
- Communications teams
- PR teams
- Senior managers and team leaders
- Marketing teams
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Brighter Group, a Finn Partners Company works across every segment of the travel and tourism sector. From inbound to outbound tourism, aviation to hospitality, car rental and trade associations to ferry and cruise lines and from travel technology to travel insurance there is literally no area in the travel industry that Brighter hasn't undertaken a successful PR, digital and marketing campaign for a client. Made up of a team of dynamic and intelligent individuals, Brighter Group was awarded Best PR Agency, Best Representation Agency and Best Strategic PR Campaign in this year’s Travel Marketing Awards and has helped numerous clients win awards, get their name into the media, gain market share and grow visitor numbers.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities click here.