ABTA’s PR in travel training day will provide practical insights into how to plan and deliver successful PR campaigns on all budgets.
Attendees will receive expert guidance on the changing media landscape and the latest challenges and opportunities in travel PR.
ABTA’s training day is designed for public relations and communications professionals from travel companies of all sizes. The one-day event will provide insight into how to plan effective strategic PR campaigns and expert guidance on the changing media landscape and the latest challenges and opportunities in travel PR.
Now, more than ever, PR is an integral part of a travel businesses communication strategy. As travel continues to face challenges, this seminar will guide you through the evolving media landscape including producing effective digital and social media campaigns as well as using the more traditional print and broadcast outlets.
Attend to get the latest guidance on how to plan and deliver a successful PR campaign on all budgets; from identifying your aim to pitching your story to the press and delivering broadcast interviews.
Moderated by ABTA’s Head of Media and Communications, Emma Brennan, attend this event to get up to speed on all the latest developments and opportunities in PR as well as how to overcome emerging issues facing the industry.
Takeaway useful tips and guidance on the most appropriate PR channels for your organisation and how you can best support your sales strategies in your PR and communications role.
Hear case study presentations from industry representatives, receive guidance from PR experts and hear first hand from a journalist on what they want from the PR team and what sets stories apart.
- Moderator: Emma Brennan, Head of Media and Communications, ABTA
- Jules Ugo, CEO, Lotus
- Phil Bloomfield, former Head of Communications & PR, dnata Travel Group, Founder, Bloom Communications
- Sophie Griffiths, Editor and Chief Purpose Officer, TTG Media
- Jess Markwood, Chief Operating Officer, The Fifth
- Chloe Berman, Head of PR & Communications EMEA, Intrepid
- Chris Leadbeater, Travel Correspondent, The Telegraph
- Lydia Matthews, Account Director, Lotus
Additional speakers to be announced
- Discover trends and tools to create effective PR campaigns
- Put your questions to a travel journalist and find out what they want from press releases and stories
- Hear the strategies behind successful PR campaigns from within the travel industry
- Understand how to factor sustainability into your PR campaigns
- Gain insights into how social media and digital PR has evolved
- Learn how to influence editorial and product placement in broadcast partnerships
- Network with other communications and PR professionals from travel and share solutions to common challenges
- Strategic media relations
- Planning campaigns and understanding goals
- The evolution of social media, digital PR and the use of influencers
- What can we expect in the future from social media
- Journalist Q&A
- PR insights into travel PR through the cost of living crisis and prioritising on a small budget
- Industry case study on how Intrepid are introducing diversity and inclusion in travel PR campaigns
- Factoring sustainability into your campaigns and understanding how it influences customer behaviour
- Working with destinations and running the right press trips for different types of press
This training day is designed for those responsible for, and have experience in, PR and brand communications across travel business of all sizes, including:
- Communications teams
- PR teams Senior managers and team leaders
- Marketing teams
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Founded by an all-female board in 2007, LOTUS is a formidable agency with a business-focused approach. Rooted in insight, LOTUS launches, positions and defines travel, tourism and food brands and raises client revenue through integrated communications, MICE and trade representation. Representing the leading names in the sector LOTUS has a portfolio of clients ranging from national and regional tourist boards, theme parks, transport providers and flagship brands.
Working with specialist partners globally, offering in-market knowledge and delivering cross-market campaigns the agency can deliver local, regional and global solutions for the post-COVID travel sector. LOTUS is part of the award-winning W Communications family, providing seamless access to creative consumer marketing expertise and big-brand and celebrity partnerships.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.