Designed for those who are new to the travel industry or new to their marketing roles, ABTA’s newly updated practical training day will provide insight and guidance on the key areas of travel marketing and brand development. Get an introduction to the latest consumer trends impacting marketing techniques and take away top tips and practical marketing guidance that can be applied across the entire customer journey, whatever the size of your company.
Can you and your brand keep up with fast pace of modern marketing? As consumer expectations grow, it is essential that you are equipped with the latest tools required to deliver personalised interactions across the whole customer journey, from pre-booking to post-holiday. Are you aware of all the marketing tools available to you? Learn how to balance modern techniques with more traditional methods to ensure you are delivering the right message, in the right way, at the right time.
Get comprehensive guidance from marketing experts on how to improve your current strategies and ensure your brand is central everything you do. Take inspiration from industry case studies to ensure that you stay ahead of the competition and hear first-hand what works and what doesn’t for a range of different brands and budget sizes.
- The latest travel and consumer trends that are informing marketing strategies
- How to get personalisation right across email and web, including data management techniques
- Social media strategy and how to work with influencers
- Videos and visual content – how to get it right and tips from a travel videographer
- The role of traditional marketing methods including direct mail and brochures
- How to optimise search and drive traffic to your brand
- Future marketing technology and trends
- Aligning your customer journey with your marketing strategy
Trainer: James Massey
James Massey runs his own marketing consultancy and has many years experience of working in travel with brands such as TUI, BA, Monarch and more recently at easyJet. His passion is branding and getting companies to understand ‘why’ they do what they do and to make the brand central to everything they do - internally and externally. He runs brand workshops for local Government enterprises and lectures on brand management at Universities in the South West on behalf of the Institute of marketing.
- Jennifer Beard, Analytical Consultant – Travel, Google
- Ben Briggs, Senior Marketing Manager, Abercrombie & Kent
- Glyn Owen, Head of Marketing, UK, Travelzoo
- Jeremie Roblin, Head of Search, Secret Escapes
- Suzanne Korff, Director, UK Marketing Communications, Princess Cruises
- Louisa Hull, Brand Marketing Manager, Mr & Mrs Smith
- Komal Heyler, Marketing Director, Pure360
- Andrew McClenaghan, Executive Producer, Destination Film
- Emily Jones, Media and PR Manager, ABTA
- Learn what marketing tools are available to you and assess which work best for your brand
- Discover how to build a successful brand
- Hear the latest trends on how customers are interacting with brands to ensure you are up to date
- Learn how to excel in your role – take part in interactive workshops and put your questions to marketing experts
- Assess how your current marketing strategies are reflected in your customer journey – identify the areas of improvement and strategies to address them
- Network with industry peers and hear inspirational case studies
This seminar is for those working in brand and marketing roles primarily in leisure travel, including:
- Marketing teams including offline marketing teams
- Product teams
- Social media teams
- Comms teams
- Digital marketing teams
- Directors and senior managers from small businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.
Destination Film is a video production company specialising in travel and hospitality. Established by BBC-trained cameraman Andrew McClenaghan, they have filmed in over 70 countries for some of the UK’s biggest tour operators.
Destination Film’s videos are beautiful, cinematic and effective, proven to increase their clients' sales. Take a look at their showcase and be inspired.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.