ABTA’s cruise conference brings the travel industry together to explore ways to attract new cruisers and reach new markets, ensuring that cruise becomes a mainstream holiday choice.
This practical one-day conference focuses on how to sell and market the benefits of cruise holidays, across both river and ocean cruise. The demand for cruise holidays has increased as cruise lines improve their offerings with exciting and unique products that appeal to a wider audience. If you would like to sell more cruise and reach new markets, this event is not to be missed.
Get up-to-date on the latest product trends, including themed cruises, ultra-luxury and expedition cruises. Understand how to engage new and growing markets, including millennials, multi-generational families and baby boomers. Explore the potential of first-time cruisers and understand how developments in the on-board experience, technological, culinary and entertainment innovations can help to attract holidaymakers to cruise.
Learn how to use new marketing and sales tools, promote and sell cruise on social networks and boost sales revenue by identifying new trade partners who don’t currently sell much cruise.
- The latest trends, opportunities and challenges for those selling and marketing cruise
- The growth in capacity and how the new demand will be filled
- Innovations in marketing and advertising and how to reach the right audiences
- The growing product trends in cruise and how to sell their appeal
- How to sell cruise including dealing with itinerary changes and weather related issues
- Using sustainability and accessibility as a selling point and safeguarding the future of cruise
- Moderator: Sophie Griffiths, Editor, TTG Media
- Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- Tony Roberts, Chairman, CLIA UK & Ireland, Vice-President UK and Europe, Princess Cruises
- Lucia Rowe, Managing Director, A-ROSA River Cruises UK & Ireland
- Rachel Healey, National Sales Manager, Uniworld
- Alistair Pritchard, Lead Partner, Travel, Deloitte
- Jay Chauhan, Head of Industry, UK Travel, Google
- Jasman Ahmad, Strategy Director, Accord
- Lucy Walker, Audience Director, eight&four
- Komal Helyer, Marketing Director, Pure360
- Peter Shanks, Managing Director, UK & Ireland, Silversea
- Sally Cope, Regional General Manager, UK/Northern Europe, Tourism Australia
- Geir Kronbaeck, General Manager, Nordics, Royal Caribbean International
- Miles Morgan, Managing Director, Miles Morgan Travel
- Thomas Morgan, National Sales Manager, UK & AUS, Riviera Travel
- Iain Powell, Head of Trade Sales, Saga
- Guy Fowles, Marketing Director, EMEA and the Americas, Intrepid Group
- Martin Hay, Agent, GoCruise
- Suzanne Korff, Director, UK Marketing Communications, Princess Cruises
- Carly Perkins, Senior Marketing Manager, Holland America Line and Seabourn
- Dan Pearce, CEO, TTG Media
- April Hutchinson, Editor, TTG Media
We would like to thank our advisory panel for for their support in putting together the agenda for the event, including recommending speakers and key topics.
- Tony Roberts, Chair, CLIA UK & Ireland and Vice-President, UK & Europe, Princess Cruises
- Andy Harmer, Director, CLIA UK & Ireland
- Stuart Leven, Vice President EMEA and Managing Director, Royal Caribbean International
- Erin Johnson, Marketing Director, Silversea Cruises
- Claire Stirrup, Sales Director, Celebrity Cruises
- Rachel Healey, National Sales Manager, Uniworld Cruises
- Mark Lewsey, Head of Marketing, Accord
- Lynn Narraway, Managing Director, UK Business, Holland America Line/Seabourn
- Thomas Morgan, National Sales Manager UK & AUS, Riviera Travel
- Learn how to sell the benefits of cruise
- Take back practical marketing, advertising and social media techniques to improve engagement
- Understand the growth in river cruise as a holiday choice and how to sell cruise via itineraries and destinations
- Network with agents, including ABTA Members who currently sell little or no cruise
- Hear how cruise lines and trade can work better in partnership to deliver excellent customer service
- Learn how to identify travellers who are beginning to show an interest in cruise
- Learn how to match the right cruise product with the right person to improve conversion rates and customer satisfaction
We are keen to attract agents who are new to cruise. If you are not already selling cruise, or if it is only a small part of your portfolio, you are eligible to apply for a complimentary place. Please email email@example.com
The event is ideal for cruise providers, tour operators and travel agents, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Product teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Customer insight and data teams
- Customer service, operations and guest experience teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
A limited number of complimentary places are available for travel agents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Today’s challenges mean businesses must re-think their strategies; constantly innovate and provide new products and services, harness new technologies to deliver better value, and connect with their guests.
As a leading professional services provider to the international transportation, hospitality and leisure industry, Deloitte acts for owners, operators, developers, lenders and investors. Through our unique global network of over 286,000 professionals at member firms in over 150 countries and territories, we are able to work locally and globally to deliver services in audit, tax, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and related services.
Deloitte is at the forefront of providing solutions that maximise value for our clients and ensure competitive advantage in what is an increasingly fast-changing and often volatile market.
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, with offices in London, Manchester and Devon, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, leisure and hospitality. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up. From initial strategy, through to branding and positioning, demographic targeting and campaign planning, it’s our job to brilliantly blend creativity, content, innovation and meaningful insights.
For more information on Accord, visit: accordmarketing.com
With 12 ships, seven of which are dedicated to the English speaking markets, A-ROSA River Cruises sails on the Danube, Rhine, Main, Moselle, Seine, Rhône, Saône and Douro. Delicious food, flexible dining times and all-inclusive drinks around the clock is combined with exciting destinations, a relaxing atmosphere on board, picturesque riverscapes, comfortable and spacious cabins and a full service, professional SPA on every ship. A-ROSA River Cruises is also the only river cruise line to offer FREE cruises for children 15 and under on ALL its departures and is also 100% committed to it's trade partners.
eight&four is a creative and media agency in Central London. Pairing imagination with data to help brands talk to audiences, not at them, the agency creates people-centric campaigns that cut through the cluttered modern comms landscape. Streamlined and agile, eight&four’s organised for efficiency – with no account managers to act as go-betweens, clients are offered direct access to the specialists working on their projects. The agency prides itself on its direct, ethical approach to business, which values partnership, access and integrity. This sees the agency collaborate with numerous charities, as well as eight&four’s core base of travel and hospitality brands.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.
Celebrating five years as an independent business in 2018, TTG Media is the most trusted and authoritative travel trade media company in the UK & Ireland, continuing to build on an innovative portfolio of events, website ttgmedia.com and magazines including TTG, ttgluxury and Routes News. Highlights in 2018 include the launch of the ttgluxury Travel Awards and ttgluxury Summit, as part of the growing series of events in luxury travel and the first ever Travel Pride Champions being announced following the TTG LGBT conference in London. The TTG Travel Awards and TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies celebrated the extraordinary talent and contribution of those from within the travel sector. The company has forged a strong reputation for helping to develop the best young people in the travel industry through its 30 Under 30 scheme, now entering its eighth year, its mentoring scheme and its TTG Tomorrow’s Travel Leaders conference – which this year took place at World Travel Market London. ttgmedia.com continues to be the home for many of the breaking news stories of the travel industry, while the business remains underpinned by the weekly TTG, 65 years after the publication of the first edition of the Travel Trade Gazette. The TTG editorial team have celebrated success in 2018 by claiming Trade Writer of the Year at the Travel Media Awards and Editor of the Year at the PPA Independent Publisher Awards, in addition to achieving two highly commended awards at the PPA Awards.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.