There is continuing momentum in the travel deals space, with further activity expected in the coming year.* ABTA’s Mergers and Acquisitions in the Travel Industry seminar will provide an update on the current mergers and acquisitions climate.
*PwC September 2018
What are the key issues that are expected to drive M&A activity this year? Hear finance experts discuss trends in the travel industry – understand the current deal environment and outlook for the M&A market.
If you are looking to acquire a business, are considering consolidation, or thinking about selling, hear tips on how and where to start the process. Understand the options for investment; trade sales, partial sale to private equity, acquisitions and the key factors for consideration.
Certain sectors of the travel market have been particularly active with deals recently, this seminar will explore these sectors and the reasons why investors are focusing their attention here. There will be a focus on what makes your business attractive and expert speakers will discuss why mergers and acquisitions fail including the steps you can take to prevent this.
- The current M&A climate and trends in the travel industry
- Thinking about selling or acquiring – what are your options?
- The process for preparing a deal – valuing your business and how to market your company for sale
- Executing the deal and post-deal considerations
- Cross border deals – the challenges and opportunities following Brexit
- The future of M&A in travel and the impact of Brexit on the market
- Selling to an Employee Ownership Trust – the advantages and steps to start the process
- Moderator: Ian Bell, Head of Travel and Tourism, RSM
- Martin Alcock, Director, Travel Trade Consultancy
- Chris Photi, Head of Travel and Leisure, WHA
- Craig Burton, CEO, Active Travel Group
- Kirsteen Vickerstaff, General Counsel and Company Secretary, On the Beach
- Stewart Baird, Chief Executive, Stone Ventures
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Services, ABTA
- Rob Donaldson, Head of Corporate Finance, RSM
- Helen Relf, Partner, Transaction Team, RSM
Additional travel industry speakers will be announced shortly.
- Learn about M&A trends, how they have changed and what’s expected to drive M&A activity this year
- Listen to travel specific case studies on selling your business to the trade and through private equity
- Understand how to value your business, what makes it attractive and the process for consolidation
- Further your knowledge on the key due diligence activities in a merger and acquisition transaction
- Hear perspectives from the experts on how to ensure your staff stay motivated throughout the deal process and beyond
The event is ideal for large and small companies within the travel industry, including the following:
- CEOs, managing directors and owners
- Finance directors and managers
- Finance and commercial teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. Its roots are firmly embedded in the consumer sector and that’s why your business will always be central to what we do.
With a 3,800 strong UK team and access to more than 43,000 people across the RSM global network, you can draw on the knowledge and experience of our sector specialists. We invest in our people and in their understanding of the travel and tourism sector in the UK so we are in the best position to help you drive and build a successful business.
Our dedicated team can support travel businesses in navigating the operational and financial challenges and opportunities as and when they arise. No matter where in the world you operate, or plan to in the future, our team, active in over 120 countries, will be ready to share their insights and industry knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
For more than 13 years, we’ve been helping travel businesses. Helping with ATOL, ABTA and IATA regulatory and bonding issues. Helping with financial, back office and supplier payment services and helping create business plans, raise money, and find investors.
At The Travel Trade Consultancy we offer friendly, concise, practical advice to help you manage your business through changes that affect your business. We also offer a compliance management service that means you’ll never have to think about it again
WHA are the UK’s leading firm of Travel Accountants with unparalleled experience in providing accountancy, taxation, licensing and regulatory advice to travel and leisure companies of all sizes. We have expertise in all areas of corporate tax, including Research and Development, TOMS VAT and other specialist tax reliefs such as SEIS/EIS and EMI. Chris Photi, Head of Travel and Leisure at WHA and his team have also acted as Corporate Finance Advisors to a number of high profile Mergers and Acquisitions in the travel sector.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.