Whether you're new to travel, your role, or simply want a refresher on the key areas affecting travel business, ABTA's practical one-day training event will act as a one-stop-shop guide to the travel industry. Join us on 15 September to develop your understanding of the PTR's, health, safety and security, travel trends, sustainability, and more.
The event is also open to students, graduates and apprentices looking to further their knowledge of the travel industry.
ABTA’s Introduction to Travel training day is ideal for those who want to further their knowledge of the travel industry and/or are new to travel. Moderated by ABTA’s Head of Membership, Danny Waine, attendees will learn about the fundamentals of travel including financial protection, legal regulations, and consumer sentiment.
Refresh your knowledge of the main legislation affecting travel, the Package Travel Regulations (PTRs). Take part in a workshop to understand your legal obligations under the PTRs and how to respond to queries from customers and suppliers. Gain the confidence to handle any enquiry that comes your way.
Get updates on consumer sentiment and travel trends in order to gain knowledge on current customer demands. Learn about climate goals and sustainable travel work in the industry and keep up to date on this topical subject.
Understand how the travel industry operates including health, safety and security protocols and ABTA’s work in this area.
Hear from an ABTA Member on the current opportunities and challenges they face and get insight into how ABTA supports its Members. Learn how ABTA can assist you going forward and put your questions directly to ABTA speakers and other travel experts including travel lawyers.
- Understanding the travel industry – agent vs operator, ABTA/ATOL, the role of financial protection
- ABTA’s role and support for Members
- A guide to the Package Travel Regulations (PTRs) including a workshop on ‘the PTRs in practice’
- An overview of sustainable travel and climate goals
- Risk management and health, safety and security overview
- Consumer sentiment and travel trends update.
Moderator: Danny Waine, Head of Membership, ABTA
Danny Waine is Head of Membership at ABTA – The Travel Association, Board Director at the Institute of Travel & Tourism, Co-founder of the ‘ITT Future You’ careers initiative and Non-Executive Director at wellbeing social enterprise Talent Courtyard. Before joining ABTA in October 2020, Danny a travel & tourism graduate, was Commercial Manager at Switzerland's Hotelplan Group Holiday Home Division (HHD), International Business Development Manager at Italian fashion and design school Istituto Marangoni and Co-founder & Director at overseas wedding specialist, Perfect Weddings Abroad.
- Lisa Kingman, Senior Financial Protection Analyst, ABTA
Further speakers to be announced including travel lawyers and industry representatives.
- Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to get a head start in your role and bolster your existing skills
- Take part in practical exercises tailored for the travel industry
- Get a holistic view of the key areas affecting the travel industry and what trends will impact travel in 2023
- Bring your questions to the experts
- Network with industry peers and discuss the common challenges you face.
Travel professionals who are new to travel or who want a refresher on the core principles governing travel. The event is also open to students, graduates and apprentices looking to further their knowledge of the travel industry.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.