This training day is designed for anyone new to travel, new to their role or simply those who want a refresher on the key issues affecting travel businesses.
The practical one-day event will act as a one-stop-shop, exploring topics including the political landscape, the PTRs, health safety & security, travel trends and sustainability.
The event is also open to students, graduates and apprentices looking to further their knowledge of the travel industry.
ABTA's Introduction to Travel training day is a must-attend event for those seeking to deepen their understanding of the travel industry or entering the field for the first time. This comprehensive programme covers key aspects of the travel industry, including financial protection, legal regulations, and consumer sentiment.
Hear an essential guide to the Package Travel Regulations (PTRs) and take part in a practical workshop that will equip you with the knowledge to navigate your obligations when handling customer and supplier queries.
Get updates on evolving consumer sentiments and travel trends to better understand and meet customer requirements. Explore the crucial topic of climate goals and sustainable travel and discover the latest industry initiatives driving positive change in this area.
Get up to speed on the latest health, safety, and security protocol including ABTA’s security work. Benefit from firsthand experiences shared by an ABTA member, who will provide valuable perspectives on the current opportunities and challenges they face.
- Understanding business models and definitions
- The current political landscape and potential reform to the PTRs and ATOL
- ABTA's code of conduct, member support and guidance
- Understanding the basics of financial protection
- A guide to the Package Travel Regulations
- Risk management and health, safety, and security: industry standards and focus areas
- Consumer sentiment and travel trends
- An overview of sustainable travel and climate goals.
Moderator: Vicki Wolf, Head of Education and Career Development, ABTA
Vicki is ABTA’s Head of Education and Career Development and has worked at ABTA – The Travel Association, in various roles since the end of 2000. Vicki’s main responsibilities include managing ABTA’s education work including our online training portal – The ABTA Knowledge Zone as well as our 15 ABTA Education Partners (12 universities and 3 colleges). This includes our ABTA Student Representatives programme. Vicki also represents ABTA on the Aviation Skills Board (AISB) and Travel Apprenticeship Board. Previous to working at ABTA she worked for the National Department of Transport in South Africa as a policy advisor.
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Julia Ogiehor, Public Affairs Manager, ABTA
- Diana Missoni, Code of Conduct Manager, ABTA
- Shelly Beresford, Head of Brand and Marketing, ABTA
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Douglas Ross, Financial Protection Development Manager, ABTA
- Hazel Chan, Sustainability Advisor, ABTA
Additional speakers to be announced, including industry representatives.
- Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to get a head start in your role and bolster your existing skills
- Take part in practical exercises tailored for the travel industry
- Get a holistic view of the key areas affecting the travel industry and what trends will impact travel in 2024
- Bring your questions to the experts
- Network with industry peers and discuss the common challenges you face.
Travel professionals who are new to travel or who want a refresher on the core principles governing travel. The event is also open to students, graduates and apprentices looking to further their knowledge of the travel industry.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.