ABTA’s introductory level training day is aimed at those who are responsible for developing and implementing their organisation’s health, safety and security policies.
Health, safety and security continues to be top priority for many travellers and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of customers is a key priority for the travel industry.
Attend this training day to ensure you are up to date on how to develop your health, safety and security policies. Gain an understanding of your legal responsibilities, the risks you face and what to do when things don’t go to plan.
Take part in practical exercises, hear various case studies presentations and take away top tips for you to implement in your own organisation. Hear from ABTA, travel businesses and health, safety and security experts.
- Principles of identifying and managing risks
- Developing a health, safety & security policy appropriate for your business
- Understanding your legal responsibilities
- Writing policy documents
- Reviewing and evaluating your policies
- Practical risk management exercise
- Managing risks associated with accommodation, transport and excursions
- Core security principles
- Working to improve safety for your customers.
Moderator: Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
Angela is the Head of Destinations at ABTA, with responsibility for destination operations, health and safety, crisis management and incident management. She is one of ABTA’s key points of contact for government representatives (UK, EU and destinations) on destination-related issues and projects. Angela is a regular speaker on behalf of the tourism industry at UK and international conferences, delivering health and safety, crisis and operational training to suppliers and Governments in destinations. Angela has over 30 years travel industry experience having joined the industry in 1988, working in various management roles both overseas and in the UK, for a major UK tour operator.
Additional speakers include:
- Jordan Ford, Head, Business Engagement Unit, NaCTSO
- Jonny Perkins, Head of Customer Safety & Wellbeing, easyJet holidays
- Jason Burnett, Group Technical Director, Intertek Cristal
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Donna Boucher, Senior Destinations Executive – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
Additional speakers will include health, safety and security experts and travel representatives.
- Evaluate your business and develop a health, safety & security programme that’s right for your products
- Gain a sound understanding of your legal responsibilities and liabilities
- Discover how to identify and manage health, safety & security risks
- Understand who’s responsible within your organisation for managing risk
- Take part in practical exercises to learn how to manage and mitigate risks
- Develop a plan for reviewing and amending your health, safety & security policy going forward.
This event is ideal for travel companies including tour operators, retailers and OTAs looking to develop their health and safety policies, including:
- Managing directors and senior managers
- Health and safety teams
- Operations teams
- Health and safety legal teams
- Product managers
- Customer relations and customer support teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Founded in 2003 in the UK, Intertek Cristal and Intertek Checkpoint are trusted partners to major hotels and tour operators around the world providing a unique range of assurance solutions to the industry. Through its Cristal Standard Solutions and Checkpoint branded audit and software solutions, Intertek enables hoteliers, restauranteurs and tour operators to meet the highest industry-specific health & safety and security standards.
With global network of more than 3,000 auditors, Intertek provides the right set of tools and inspections, to provide total quality assurance to all its customers through 18 internationally recognized standards of excellence.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.