For operational reasons the venue has changed for this event. The venue is The Science Gallery, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9GU. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Crisis management is high on the agenda for travel. Your organisation should have a crisis management plan in place to deal with a wide range of potential incidents, from natural disasters and illness outbreaks to security incidents, accidents and more. An effective crisis plan will help you to protect your customers and staff and safeguard your company’s reputation.
Tailored for travel companies, this introductory-level seminar will equip you with the knowledge and resources you need to implement or improve your crisis plan. You will hear useful tips for effective crisis management and gain an understanding of your legal responsibilities, including your duty of care towards your customers and staff.
Get up-to-date advice and guidance from ABTA, a law firm and media and crisis management experts. Hear case studies from travel companies who will talk about their own crisis plans and share the lessons learnt from previous incidents.
- Preparing and improving your crisis management plan
- The role of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and communicating travel advice
- The importance of media management in a crisis
- Legal responsibilities and insurance
- Training your crisis management team and roles and responsibilities
- Lessons learnt from dealing with real crisis situations
- How ABTA supports its Members in a crisis situation
- Moderator: Nikki White, Director of Destinations and Sustainability, ABTA
- Andrew Couper, Head of Crisis Management, TUI UK&I
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Catherine Allum, Deputy Head of Crisis Management Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- James Challis, Operations Manager, Saga
- Joanne Muccio, Trauma Care Consultant, Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP)
- Gillies Crichton, Group Head of Assurance, AGS Airports Ltd
- Bob Thompson, Senior Risk Advisor, Drum Cussac Group
- Get practical guidance in all key areas of crisis management
- Learn from real industry examples – hear from companies who have had to put their plans to the test
- Get advice on customer care and staff support, including awareness, training and exercises
- Determine whether your current emergency procedures are fit for purpose
- Hear the latest best practice updates from industry speakers and experts in risk management
- Understand how ABTA supports its Members in a crisis situation
The event is ideal for anyone working in travel who has responsibility in a crisis, including:
- Directors and senior managers
- Crisis managers and incident response teams
- Customer services teams
- Operational and health and safety teams
- Marketing and communications teams
- Legal and consumer affairs teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.